setPollInterval when server is deploying

Hi to all,

I’ve read this post
https://vaadin.com/forum#!/thread/3873092 on Vaadin forum, related to this ticket
http://dev.vaadin.com/ticket/12362

It seems that this bug has been closed and released with 7.1.8, I’ve 7.1.11 and, in effect, when the server goes down the ‘comunication error’ message is shown just once.
The problem appears again when the server is deploying the application, in this case the behavior is exactly the same as described above, vaadin continues to poll requests causing messages to accumulate in an infinite loop.

This issue is causing me many ‘out-of-memory’ error on browsers in production environment.

Can someone tell me how to fix this issue?

• Vaadin 7.1.11
  • JBoss (AS 7.1.1, EAP 6.2.0, EAP 6.3.0)
  • Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, Opera

Guys, no suggestion for this problem, really???

I made a quick test:
Vaadin 7.1.11, Coogle Chrome, simple project with a basic UI and setPollInterval set to 2000ms
When stopping the server Chrome showed me one Communication Problem error (on screen, console and in the Network log). After restarting the Server nothing happened, no new errors.
Is it possible that you have some coding that might produce this loop (like code handling session experied messages, or else)?
You could try making a very simple project and recreate the problem. When you have a simple project you can add it in this thread so that someone can have a look at it.
Also if you have one, try the project with the latest Vaadin version to see if it was a bug that was fixed later on.

Hi Marius,

thanks for your response, but my problem is a little bit different:
the behavior you described above, belongs to the fixed ticket linked in the previous post.

In my case, the weird behavior doesn’t occur when stopping and restarting the server, but when the server is deploying the application.

Unfortunately I cannot update to Vaadin last version, because it will require the revision of many CSS rules and I’ve no time for it.