Websockets not working on JBoss EAP 6.3.0

Hi to all,

I’ve just downloaded JBoss EAP 6.3.0, which supports WebSockets (tested by a hello-world application) and annotated the UI with @Push(transport = Transport.WEBSOCKET) annotation, but I’m always getting this error:

“WebSocket Failed. Downgrading to comet and resending”

Environment

• JBoss EAP 6.3.0
  • Vaadin 7.1.11
  • JDK 1.7.0_21

Are there other parameters to configure in order to make push over WS working?

I can’t recall if there are any problems in the JBoss 6.3 WebSockets implementation, but in any case, two things to check first: Try with the latest Vaadin version, and check that no other servlet container (Jetty) is on the classpath or deployed. Note that if you are deploying vaadin-client-compiler (which you shouldn’t deploy), it brings a version of Jetty with it.

Hi Henri,

thanks for the reply, I verified the structure of my deployed libraries and, in effect, i deployed vaadin-client-compiler and vaadin-client.jar, deleted them from my ear file, but still getting the same error.

I’m sure that JBoss is not using Jetty, because it uses Tomcat libraries behind the scene…with this post I’ve attached the configuration of my lib folders for EAR and WAR applications.
Many of vaadin JAR files are included in EAR/lib folder, because I’ve 2 WARs using Vaadin, so I’ve accomunated these libraries for reducing EAR size and avoiding duplicates.

Do you see if I’ve forgot any JAR in this list that prevent WebSocket to work fine?

Many Thanks,
Antlia

Edit: Not deploying vaadin-client-7.1.11.jar (as stated in Readme.txt), causes a ClassNotFoundException of com.vaadin.client.ApplicationConfiguration$ErrorMessage, so I’ve reintroduced this jar in my EAR/lib folde
16414.png
16415.png

Examining Atmosphere log, it seems that it’s correctly using JBoss Web container, so i suppose that is not a problem related to Jetty
16464.txt (8.46 KB)