Web Application not loading under IE11

Hello everyone,

our Vaadin 7 Web Application works nicely in Chrome and Firefox. However, in Internet Explorer 11 (Windows 8.1 x64), we have the issue that the browser seems to be “stuck” in the loading phase forever (i.e. the loading indicator is shown but nothing else happens).

I’m quite puzzled by this issue, especially since its working very well in Chrome and Firefox. The IE debug console doesn’t tell me a lot, except for this:

INFO: Vaadin application servlet version: 7.2.2
INFO: Setting hearbeat interval to 300sec.
INFO: Handling message from server
INFO: * Handling resources from server
INFO: * Handling type inheritance map from server
INFO: Handling type mappings from server
INFO: Handling resource dependencies

Mon Aug 18 10:38:22 GMT+200 2014 com.vaadin.client.VConsole
SEVERE: Could not determine ApplicationConnection for Overlay. Overlay will be attached directly to the root panel

I must admit that I have no idea what that means, but apparently it stops the application from loading properly in IE. This error doesn’t show up in Chrome or Firefox.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks,

Martin

Please try upgrading to 7.2.6 first. If it doesn’t help, some more details might be needed.

Okay, thank you, we will try that first.

Hi Martin,

Even I am facing the same issue and could not even get the Error messages on Console. I get only the below messages:

Creating AppCache with manifest: ‘http://localhost:8080/mobile/VAADIN/widgetsets/com.partnersgroup.mobile.presentation.ui.AppWidgetset/gecko1_8.manifest’.

Manifest doesn’t exist on the server: ‘http://localhost:8080/mobile/VAADIN/widgetsets/com.partnersgroup.mobile.presentation.ui.AppWidgetset/gecko1_8.manifest’.

The name of my application is mobile. I really could not figure out whats going wrong with IE11 whereas Chrome and Firefox is perfectly fine for my application.

Thanks,

At least for me, the issue was gone after upating to the latest Vaadin version… sorry, that’s all the help I can offer on this I’m afraid :confused: