Liferay IPC 2.0...

Technical question here, but…

My understanding of the build process for a V7 project (even for portlets, but I think that’s irrellevant here), the addons included in the build will be included when compiling the widgetset, and also that addons need to have their module descriptor that indicates the widgetset the addon uses/extends.

That said, the Liferay IPC 2.0 addon does not have a module descriptor even though it has it’s own javascript file.

Am I missing something? Is there some assumption that if a module descriptor is not present that it defaults to com.vaadin.DefaultWidgetSet? If so (or if not), how does the widgetset compiler know to treat the Liferay IPC 2 addon as an addon and not some other dependent jar?

A quick test shows that the maven build does not include anything from liferay ipc addon in the widgetset build…

So is a widgetset not necessary for this addon? Is it a bug?

The Liferay IPC add-on is a Javascript add-on, which means that no widget set compilation is needed for it. Therefore it does not show up in the widget set compile either.

It will automatically load the needed javascript when the extension is used for the first time (because of its @Javascript annotation)