Release 7.2.6 won't load war file...

I just installed 7.2.6 - I have been using 7.2.2 without any problem.

I created a new project in eclipse, and compiled the default source code (the click-me button). When I load it into my Tomcat container, I get the error: Resource is not available.

A couple of things that may have changed:

1. I tried with and without the web.xml file. When I said generate the web.xml, I got what appears to be a very generic file:

[ncohen@ncohen-devbox2 WEB-INF]
$ more web.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

JART

index.html
index.htm
index.jsp
default.html
default.htm
default.jsp

Is that correct?

1. I see that the default source file now includes an @WebServlet() definition that I don’t have in my earlier code. Do I want to keep that there or remove it or edit it somehow??

2. I tried porting one of my working applications into this new project (just copied the source code over) and it compiles but gives me the ‘missing resource’ error too.

3. I have an Apache proxy running in front of my Tomcat container. I can’t see how that would have any effect here - the proxy works for all my other programs, but I mention it for completeness…

Can someone give me a hint as to what I might be doing wrong here? This is serious - I need to get this code up and running as soon as possible…

thanks,

nbc

What version of Tomcat are you running?

Perhaps this might help:
https://vaadin.com/forum#!/thread/4149890/7905590

We are running Tomcat 7 - I don’t know exactly which version was packaged here, but I can find out if necessary. It should be fairly recent… I’ve been running with Tomcat 7 for quite some time now.

nbc

Are you using push?
Are you able to test the setup without the proxy?

Have not tried without the proxy - might be able to do that today. I just compiled the basic program that Eclipse creates when you create a Vaadin 7 project. We’ve never had a proxy problem before…

nbc

I don’t remember having to build my own web.xml file. But when I replaced the one that Eclipse generated today (which I listed in a previous post) with one from a working Vaadin project (changed the servlet definition, the init parameters etc.) then my Tomcat instance worked just fine…

Has something changed either with 7.2.6 or with Eclipse? I have not created a new web-app for a while, so this may be something that happened a while back and I missed it…

I’m running Eclipse - Keplar.

Is there documentation somewhere that tells me exactly how to configure a web.xml file for a new process? Also, I was under the impression that I could leave out the web.xml entirely now, but that definitely didn’t work…

Any tips would be appreciated, but at least I think I can get my system up and running now…

thanks,

nbc