Filters, EntityManager per Request(hibernate), JPAContainer and push/websoc

Hi,

I am using Wildfly 8.1 and Vaadin 7.3.beta1.
I am starting an EntityManager in a @WebFilter and managing the transaction at that layer, that is folowing the entitymanager-per-request pattern recommended for the usage of the JPAContainer addon.

Before Vaadin 7 it was clear to me that for every event in the browser that had a listener in the server a simple HTTP Request will be made and it will go through my Filter, thus initiating a transaction before vaadin code gets executed, and properly finishing that entitymanager transaction after vaadin code executed.

But I am concernet now that Vaadin 7 supports push and might use websocket under the hood that my Filter might not allways be executed.
Will my filter run regardless of the transport being used when using @Push in the UI?

How does this work in Vaadin 7?

Thanks

Acording to
this answer
if vaadin uses websockets as the transport layer then the javax.servlet.Filter won’t get executed. So the documentation must be updated to reflect this new concern while working with vaadin7 and websockets as the underlying transport for @Push UI’s.

Should I fill a ticket for that ?

Any progression with this?
I´d be happy to know whats your solution to this behavior.

+1 I’ve been searching and searching, there doesn’t seem to be a clear way to handle Hibernate Session / EntityManager with Vaadin in Server Push / Websocket mode.