Vaadin Theme Affecting Dynamic Update of Liferay Portlet

We have a Vaadin 6 portlet in Liferay which uses the Tepi FilterTable add-on.

This has been working well for us, but we have recently noticed some odd behaviour.

We have set the maximum number of rows to display on the portlet to 15. This works as expected, with the exception of the first time the table is updated. This time the table eight jumps to 25 rows (actually, 25 and a bit). This strange behaviour only occurs in Google Chrome. Internet Explorer and Firefox work as expected.

In troubleshooting this, I started with a default Lifreay installation, and began adding changes to the portal to work towards matching our actual environment, testing the portlets after each change. The portlet worked as expected in Google Chrome, until I applied our portlet theme.

Can anyone think of a reason why the theme would cause this behaviour only on the initial update of the table, and only in Google Chrome?

Thanks.

Just an update:

We were setting the maximum number of rows on the table (in our case this is set by calling setPageLength() in the portlet’s init() method).

In order to faciltate wrapping of content in table cells, we also applied the following style in our theme:

.v-table-cell-wrapper { white-space: normal; } If I comment out this single CSS style, the table is displayed normally.

Any advice?