Vaadin lets you build secure, UX-first PWAs entirely in Java.
Free ebook & tutorial.
Suggestion: allow to choose date/time format
In this forum, I see dates like 9/26/11 3:40 PM
I deeply dislike this format, not intuitive to my French eyes... :D
I want to see 26/09/11 15:40 or perhaps 2011-09-26T15:40, for example.
I searched in the profile settings and found no way to change it, unlike most PHP-based forums I used.
I suggest to add in these settings the capability to choose between US (current one), European (my first example) or Ansi (the second one) formats, and even to allow to enter a (valid) DateFormat string, if one has exotic needs... :glare:
PS.: Is this forum made with Vaadin? If so, are the sources available? Would be a wonderful learning tool to study this code, and might allow to contribute such changes...
Yes, the time format can cause discomfort for the brain sometimes. I don't know if it's possible to set just the date format without changing the language. You can change the language in the Control Panel. Click your name in the upper-left corner, then Display Settings in the right-hand menu, and select the Language in the box. I hope the translations for French are OK.
This forum is not (yet at least) a Vaadin application but a normal forum portlet in Liferay.
Ah, in general, I prefer to have the interface in the same language I write in, otherwise confusion might arise...
I switched to French, and indeed the date/time is nicer for me, but the page being tagged as French, the automatic corrector of Firefox believe I want to write in French and mark almost everything as faulty... :D
Fortunately, I have the DictionarySwitcher extension that changes the dict. to English as soon as I type some words...
Anyway, thanks for the trick. The babbling above was to indicate one might want to change the format without changing the language... But that's better than nothing! :grin:
Another issue: now every link becomes https://vaadin.com/fr/something. It works most of the time, but not for https://vaadin.com/fr/api
I had to manually remove the /fr to get the correct page instead of an empty page.