Can't get the experimental Eclipse Plugin to compile

I have installed the experimental Vaadin Eclipse Plugin and I’m using it to write a new Widget. As far as I understand, the little Vaadin-button at the toolbar should automatically know how to compile a new widgetset for the 6.2-nightly branch.

However, when I press it, I get the message “Select a widgetset file (…widgetset.gwt.xml) or a Vaadin project to compile.” although I already have the Vaadin project selected, which I created with the plugin (“new Vaadin Project”). I tried to look at Eclipse’s log files, but nothing was produced by this.

Running OSX and Eclipse Galileo. The plugin is “Vaadin Eclipse Integration, 1.0.0.200910161126” and Vaadin itself is 6.2.nightly-20091016-c9216

I suspect you just need to make the Package Explorer panel focused/active in Eclipse for the plugin to know that you have the project selected. If you have focus inside the code editor panel, you’ll get the error message you described.

IMO this is a bug, but I’ve yet to make a ticket for it. Go ahead if you feel like doing it.

Actually, the problem seemed to be that I used the Package Explorer. Your tip got me trying with the Project Explorer, and that did the trick, thanks!

But, now I’ve got another problem getting it compiled, but that seems like a true ticket-worthy bug.