Vaadin 7.2.0 and Touchkit

I’m trying to upgrade my app (which includes a desktop and mobile app in the same Eclipse project) to the newly released Vaadin 7.2.0. Widgetset compilation fails (as before…I’ve also tried the 7.2.0 prereleases) with the following:
[ERROR]
Errors in ‘jar:file:/Users/mike/.ivy2/cache/com.vaadin.addon/vaadin-touchkit-agpl/jars/vaadin-touchkit-agpl-4.0.0.alpha2.jar!/com/vaadin/addon/touchkit/gwt/client/ui/VSwipeViewIEImpl.java’
[ERROR]
Line 3: The import com.google.gwt.event.dom.client.MsPointerDownEvent cannot be resolved
[ERROR]
Line 4: The import com.google.gwt.event.dom.client.MsPointerDownHandler cannot be resolved
[ERROR]
Line 5: The import com.google.gwt.event.dom.client.MsPointerMoveEvent cannot be resolved
[ERROR]
Line 6: The import com.google.gwt.event.dom.client.MsPointerMoveHandler cannot be resolved
[ERROR]
Line 7: The import com.google.gwt.event.dom.client.MsPointerUpEvent cannot be resolved
[ERROR]
Line 8: The import com.google.gwt.event.dom.client.MsPointerUpHandler cannot be resolved
[ERROR]
Line 16: MsPointerDownHandler cannot be resolved to a type
[ERROR]
Line 19: MsPointerDownEvent cannot be …

I’ve seen a few references to this incompatibiity when googling, but I would have thought that they would have been resolved before a final release. Anybody have thoughts/suggestions?

Hi Mike,

This was a known issue related to the new pointer events module in Vaadin 7.2. I just closed
the TouchKit ticket
on it today, so the fix should be included in the next release.

And since you’re going to ask anyway, we’ll try to get the next alpha out on monday. A beta release will follow in approximately two weeks.

Thanks for the heads-up, Juho.

I can confirm that the 4.0.0.alpha3 release fixes the compile problem. Thanks Juho!