Theming of DateField in QuickTickets Demo

Hello,

I am still in an early stage of learning Vaadin 7.
As a playground I downloaded the sources for QuickTickets and try to adapt it step by step to my own needs.
Most things work really great thanks to the great Vaadin forum and the different available tools and demos.
Unfortunately I am stuck while inserting and theming a needed DateField component.

As I understood, QuickTickets doesn’t derive it’s theme from something like Reindeer theme (this L&F is what I want for the DateField component). I tried a lot of approaches (even copying the datefield.scss from reindeer theme and adding it in a subfolder of the dashboard theme and including it into dashboard.scss). Next trial was to copy and paste all the stuff directly into the dashboard.scss by itself. Next of … but ok, as it didn’t work, I dont want to waste your time.

Could someone point me into the right direction what I made wrong and what I need to do to make it work finally?
Even 1 or 2 working lines (as parts of the component) would be enough to let me try this approach.

I woul dreally appreciate any help at this stage!

Thank you in advance!
Michael

This is an old post, but in case someone else stumbles upon this: see the theme related
mini-tutorials
, especially the first two on themes.