Important Notice - Forums is archived

To simplify things and help our users to be more productive, we have archived the current forum and focus our efforts on helping developers on Stack Overflow. You can post new questions on Stack Overflow or join our Discord channel.

Product icon
TUTORIAL

Vaadin lets you build secure, UX-first PWAs entirely in Java.
Free ebook & tutorial.

vaadin and spring security

mel7it mel7it
1 decade ago Sep 07, 2011 8:19am
Marko Grönroos
1 decade ago Sep 07, 2011 9:36am
Henri Sara
1 decade ago Sep 07, 2011 10:44am
Henri Sara
1 decade ago Sep 07, 2011 10:51am

mel7it mel7it: I'm working on a transversal security layer for a vaadin application,can you tell me what are the best available options for doing this?i mean is there an available enough mature framework for this purpose?
I had the idea of spring security as a first thought but is it a good choice?having in mind that spring security intercepts http requests(URL based) for security purpose which is not very compatible with vaadin philosophy.

Ah... my previous reply focused on the login and session tracking part, whereas you seem to be more interested in authorization for access to certain parts of the application.

If you are interested in view-level authorization checking, you could simply extend something like the Navigator or Navigator7 add-ons and check for authorization at view activation time. For more fine-grained access (e.g. enabling and disabling buttons in a view based on active roles), you can also query Spring Security directly or via some helper classes.