Example for Embedding a widget in HTML

Hi all,
Vaadin seems very interesting and I would like to try it.
First i would like to check how Embed stuff works with this framework. That means creating a widget/set and embedding in a static HTML page.
I went thru docs… but not able to find the reference HTML file they mentioned. But i found a file name multiapp.html and it seems the right one to be.
Using Tomcat-Eclipse plugin I managed to run vaadin-examples without any problem. But when i open multiapp.html, i cound see only the borders of div and no content loaded.
Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Another way is to first run your app in “normal” ApplicationServlet generated “index.html” mode. Then just look at the document source and copy HTML to your application in order to embed.

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
I already tried a lot to make it work… but no success. I think the problem lies with creating/compiling widgetset.

Is it possible to provide a very simple WAR file (for Tomcat) with a widgetset compiled and a HTML page embedding that widget.

Please help me.

Thanks

The multiapp.html included in the distribution works at least on Windows by starting the server using start.bat and opening the page
http://localhost:8888/multiapp.html
. Three applications are displayed: the obsolete FeatureBrowser, the calculator example and hello world.

If nothing happens when you test an own version, make sure the widgetset directory can be found at the location specified in the html file. The compiled default widgetset is included in the distribution package (zip) at WebContent\VAADIN\widgetsets\com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.DefaultWidgetSet.