trouble building screenshot in Eclipse

Hi,

I’d like to use the AppletIntegration add-on to incorporate an applet for audio recording and playback into a Vaadin web app. i’m using Eclipse, so I thought a good first step would be to try to import the screenshot app into Eclipse and get it to build and run. When I try to do this, I get this error:

Widgetset does not contain implementation for org.vaadin.screenshot.Screenshot. Check its @ClientWidget mapping, widgetsets GWT module description file and re-compile your widgetset. In case you have downloaded a vaadin add-on package, you might want to refer to add-on instructions. Unrendered UIDL:

org.vaadin.screenshot.Screenshot(NO CLIENT IMPLEMENTATION FOUND)

My understanding is that Eclipse should have rebuilt the widgetset automatically, but in any case I rebuilt it manually, and this did not solve the problem.

One thing I have not done is create a jar file with the applet’s classes. Maybe that’s the problem, and I’m just getting a misleading error message? I’m assuming I can just put the classes in a jar file, self-sign the jar, and then put it under WEB-INF/lib?

I have one more question, though this is minor. Screenshot.java contains this comment:

// Because we don’t inherit the AppletIntegration component on the
// server-side, we have to add the attributes explicitly here:

While I can just copy would you’ve done for my applet/app, I’d be curious to know how things would be different if the component running the applet did inherit AppletIntegration. I don’t understand what that does.

Thanks very much!

Matthew Fleming, MD
DermVision, LLC

Sorry, I guess I misunderstood how these forums work. I thought I was posting to a forum specifically about AppletIntegration. I’m trying to understand how to use that add-on…

Matthew Fleming

Actually I see that the applet’s classes were already packaged in screenshot.jar, and I had copied that to /WEB-INF/lib, so that shouldn’t be the problem … Help!

Matthew Fleming