Can't compile widgetset out-of-the-box with "build-widgetset.xml"

Hi all,

I’m trying to recompile the widgetset to include some 3r party widget, but that doesn’t work as it should according to the documentation. Here’s what I’ve done:

1. unzip vaadin-6.6.2.zip
  2. cd vaadin-6.6.2/WebContent/docs/example-source
  3. ant -f build-widgetset.xml

Here’s the error I get:

This file is available where the script should be looking for it, i.e., in …/…/…/WebContent/WEB-INF/src/. I guess the script is not looking where it should, but I can’t find what’s missing. I don’t really care about ActveLink, but of course I get the same error with any of my additional widgets…

Any idea?

The example build script actually has two uses: 1) for compiling a single widget set (ColorPickerWidgetSet) and 2) another for automatically building a combining widget set from all the widget sets in the path.

The mode is defined in the configure-widgetset target. Just outcomment the first setting and enable the second like this:

<!-- Name of the widget set -->
        <!-- <property name="widgetset" value="com.vaadin.demo.colorpicker.gwt.ColorPickerWidgetSet"/> -->

<!-- If generated automatically as a combining widget set -->
        <!-- from all the widget sets included in the class path. -->
        <property name="widgetset" value="com.vaadin.demo.widgetset.CombiningWidgetSet"/>
        <property name="generate.widgetset" value="1"/>

Perhaps the example script could be clearer in this respect and always generate a combining widget set, which is the way to go if you use add-ons. The first option is useful only for building a self-made widget set.

Thanks for your help, I finally got it to work.