Why JPAContainer has this ideia?

I’m using and analysing the JPAContainer. In a table, I’d like to know why it has to make a select for register instead of a select for page view or other criteria like LazyQueryContainer. Finally, when are you pretende release the version 1.2

Thxs for explanations,
Salazar.

I’m not sure if I understand the question correctly - could you rephrase your question?

The version 1.2 was released earlier this week, but with only a few changes other than updating the license from CVAL 1.0 to CVAL 2.0 (in addition to the AGPL 3.0 which is also still available). The JAR file name and the Maven artifactId also changed to reflect the license of the package in use.

Is there some particular change that you are waiting for.

I’m using JpaContainer and I realised that the number of executed queries in order to retrieve 100 registers was very high, more than 100. Is it doing at least one query per register ? I liked it a lot, but I guess that will be more efficient to return collections with paginations instead of a single register, like LazyQueryContainer.

Other thing, I read this in the Blog, 5/25/11:

A new version of JPAContainer is planned for the fall, supporting JPA 2.0 and more. If you have strong opinions on what features in JPAContainer would make your life much easier, now would be a good time to write a forum post about it. I can’t promise to answer all posts but I will read them.

I think that it will be interesting to see JPA 2.0 and filters using Criteria in it. Are you intend to do that ? When ?

Thxs for you attention, Salazar.

I’m not sure of what you mean by “register”: do you mean “rows” ?

Concerning Criteria queries for JPA2.0 there is a lazyquerycontainer extension that does just that in the add-on directory
JPA Criteria Lasy Container

Jean,

Sorry for my poor English, yes, register = record or rows :D. I have analyzed the JPA Criteria Lazy Container already, but I had problems to did it remote. I have a front-end accessing the back-end by EJB. Jean is it possible in JPA Criteria Lazy Container do this?

In JPAContainer has the provider idea the fits very in well in this context. What I need is a mix between JPAContainer e JPA Criteria Lazy Container. That’s why I’m doing the first question.

Att., Salazar.

Someone ??

Hi,

JPAContainer 2.0.0-RC1 was just released and can be found
here
. It contains many changes, among which is the move to the JPA 2.0 Criteria API for filtering. Perhaps this would be more suitable for your needs?

HTH,
/Jonatan