Vaadin 7 not supported in WinXP IE8

Hello there,
Has anyone had any issues with Vaadin 7 not working on Windows XP with IE 8? Vaadin compatibility says it supports Vaadin 7 in IE8 but I cannot seem to get any of our applications to work. It seems like all interaction between the server side and client side does not work. During the first request from the client to server the progress indicator sits and spins.

Has anyone seen a fix for this or have an understanding of why this is happening or how to fix it?

Thanks,

Which Vaadin 7 version are you having problems with? Have you tried with any simpler project?

At least several hundred small test applications seem to be running fine on IE8 on the current 7.1 branch on our testing cluster.

Are you using server push? If so, which application server and its version are you using? Are there any proxies etc. between the server and the browser?

From our experiments and closed ticket http://dev.vaadin.com/ticket/12797 Vaadin 7 is dramatically slow in IE8.
Ticket closed with Wont fix.

Hi Henri,
We are using Vaadin version 7.1.10.
I have not tried any simpler projects but I will today.
We are not using server push at all.
There is a proxy between the server and browser internally but we have tested the issue external to the proxy and it still seems to appear.

Thanks,

Sorry, I was off the forum for quite a while and missed the post.

Did you manage to get this to work? Does it still happen with the latest Vaadin releases?