unable to establish loopback connection

I have problems with eclipse and google appengine. I have windows 7 64 bit. I have already tryied to turn off firewalls and avast but it doesn’t works.

9-giu-2011 9.14.43 com.google.apphosting.utils.jetty.JettyLogger info
INFO: Logging to JettyLogger(null) via com.google.apphosting.utils.jetty.JettyLogger
9-giu-2011 9.14.52 com.google.apphosting.utils.config.AppEngineWebXmlReader readAppEngineWebXml
INFO: Successfully processed C:\Users\Marty\Desktop\Progetto Web\df-mf-mpg-aip2011\war\WEB-INF/appengine-web.xml
9-giu-2011 9.14.52 com.google.apphosting.utils.config.AbstractConfigXmlReader readConfigXml
INFO: Successfully processed C:\Users\Marty\Desktop\Progetto Web\df-mf-mpg-aip2011\war\WEB-INF/web.xml
9-giu-2011 9.14.52 com.google.apphosting.utils.jetty.JettyLogger info
INFO: jetty-6.1.x
Slim3 HOT reloading:true
9-giu-2011 9.14.57 com.google.apphosting.utils.jetty.JettyLogger warn
AVVERTENZA: failed org.mortbay.jetty.nio.SelectChannelConnector$1@168e4805: java.io.IOException: Unable to establish loopback connection
AVVERTENZA: failed SelectChannelConnector@127.0.0.1:8888: java.io.IOException: Unable to establish loopback connection
AVVERTENZA: failed Server@5b32627: java.io.IOException: Unable to establish loopback connection
java.io.IOException: Unable to establish loopback connection
at sun.nio.ch.PipeImpl$Initializer.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at sun.nio.ch.PipeImpl.(Unknown Source)
at sun.nio.ch.SelectorProviderImpl.openPipe(Unknown Source)
at java.nio.channels.Pipe.open(Unknown Source)
at sun.nio.ch.WindowsSelectorImpl.(Unknown Source)
at sun.nio.ch.WindowsSelectorProvider.openSelector(Unknown Source)
at java.nio.channels.Selector.open(Unknown Source)
at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectorManager$SelectSet.(SelectorManager.java:312)
at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectorManager.doStart(SelectorManager.java:223)
at org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:50)
at org.mortbay.jetty.nio.SelectChannelConnector.doStart(SelectChannelConnector.java:314)
at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.doStart(Server.java:235)
at com.google.appengine.tools.development.JettyContainerService.startContainer(JettyContainerService.java:186)
at com.google.appengine.tools.development.AbstractContainerService.startup(AbstractContainerService.java:157)
at com.google.appengine.tools.development.DevAppServerImpl.start(DevAppServerImpl.java:169)
at com.google.appengine.tools.development.DevAppServerMain$StartAction.apply(DevAppServerMain.java:164)
at com.google.appengine.tools.util.Parser$ParseResult.applyArgs(Parser.java:48)
at com.google.appengine.tools.development.DevAppServerMain.(DevAppServerMain.java:113)
at com.google.appengine.tools.development.DevAppServerMain.main(DevAppServerMain.java:89)
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
at sun.nio.ch.Net.connect(Native Method)
at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.nio.channels.SocketChannel.open(Unknown Source)
… 22 more

Reading through the stacktrace, there’s nothing that would indicate a directly Vaadin related problem (otoh, I’m not saying that it wouldn’t be). I see you already posted the same question with GAE’s user groups. I hope you’ll get your answer there.

As a sidenote, I have a hard time finding anything “loopback”-related with Google App Engine. And I can’t really think about anything that would be loopback-y in GAE anyways, so maybe you’re trying to use some code that isn’t even intended to be used with GAE in the first place.

I’d recommend you, unless you’ve already tried to do it, to try and deploy your application locally in a Tomcat or Jetty or something similar, and try to debug it from there.