Important Notice - Forums is archived

To simplify things and help our users to be more productive, we have archived the current forum and focus our efforts on helping developers on Stack Overflow. You can post new questions on Stack Overflow or join our Discord channel.

Product icon
TUTORIAL

Vaadin lets you build secure, UX-first PWAs entirely in Java.
Free ebook & tutorial.

New Vaadin Forum is live, what do you think?

Fredrik Rönnlund
9 years ago Mar 07, 2014 11:47am

We've just deployed a new version of Tori, the Vaadin Liferay forum. We know it's 100 times more awesome than bacon and rockets but how do you like it? Is something broken that used to work before? What is the number one enhancement thingy? 

Tori is open source so fork it, write your tickets/issues, commit patches and go crazy at https://github.com/vaadin/tori

Bernat GS
9 years ago Mar 07, 2014 11:57am

One thing I'm missing is marking already read posts in the Recent Posts screen.

Agata Vackova
9 years ago Mar 07, 2014 3:39pm

I miss last post author in the list of topics.

Jouni Koivuviita
9 years ago Mar 07, 2014 3:56pm
Agata Vackova
9 years ago Mar 07, 2014 4:00pm
Fredrik Rönnlund
9 years ago Mar 27, 2014 8:30pm
Johannes Dahlström
9 years ago Mar 27, 2014 9:29pm
Fredrik Rönnlund
9 years ago Mar 28, 2014 8:52am
Krishna Kotari
9 years ago Apr 01, 2014 4:54am

Hello Team,

I find the following things missing from the previous forum

1) Access to "myPosts" similar to "Recent Posts" on top of the forum.To Access MyPosts I have to explictly goto forum and then I get MyPosts
2) Last modifed time and the individual who modified it is not being shown, instead the thread owner and the created time is being displayed in the list. This makes it hard to judge if any reply was received. To check I have to enter the thread and check for posts.
3) I personally feel it to be a bit slow while accessing the urls directly (it redirects me to the forum page, then to list of threads and then the post itself)

Thanks,
Krishna

Fredrik Rönnlund
9 years ago Apr 01, 2014 8:35pm
Curtis Krauskopf
9 years ago Apr 01, 2014 8:53pm

Maybe you all are used to it by now, but I don't like the #00B4F0 color for the links.  I think the color is too difficult to read.  I think I understand why the color was chosen -- but that doesn't make it an easy color for reading.

Just to try it, I changed the color definition for ".v-app .v-link span, .v-app a" to red -- what an improvement!

1) Is there a way I can configure the forum to display links in my preferred color -- or even better -- let my browser choose what color to use for links?

2) Is there a way I can permanently change the above CSS definition in my Chrome browser when I'm reading the forum?  The change would have to apply only to the vaadin.com domain -- all other sites I use don't have this problem.

Krishna Kotari
9 years ago Apr 02, 2014 2:27am
Tomi Virkki
9 years ago Apr 02, 2014 3:19am
Curtis Krauskopf
9 years ago Apr 02, 2014 3:39am
Jouni Koivuviita
9 years ago Apr 02, 2014 8:19am

Krishna Phani Kumar Kotari: Currently we have last modified time, but we don't have who modified it. 

You can hover over the timestamp to see who the author was. I was suspecting this might be a poor design choice (clean appearance over usability), and it’s starting to look like it. I did a quick "unsolicited" redesign of the list view. Please comment!

Krishna Phani Kumar Kotari: Also, it would great if you integrate "Following" service with "Notifications" on the top. Just like stackoverflow

This was part of the design from the very beginning, but we just haven’t gotten there yet. So I guess I can only say, be patient, it’s coming :)

Krishna Kotari
9 years ago Apr 02, 2014 1:40pm
Joseph Toman
9 years ago Apr 11, 2014 1:28am
Tomi Virkki
9 years ago Apr 11, 2014 4:55am
Joseph Toman
9 years ago Apr 11, 2014 5:24am
Sebastian  
9 years ago Apr 11, 2014 6:51am
C Fraser
8 years ago May 16, 2014 1:52am
C Fraser
8 years ago May 18, 2014 10:57pm
Tomi Virkki
8 years ago May 19, 2014 7:58am
C Fraser
8 years ago Jun 25, 2014 4:38am
Nguyen Paul
7 years ago Jul 13, 2015 10:51am
Rob Zondag
5 years ago Jun 26, 2017 9:55am
Fredrik Rönnlund
5 years ago Jun 26, 2017 10:24am
Rob Zondag
5 years ago Jun 26, 2017 12:04pm
Fredrik Rönnlund
5 years ago Jun 26, 2017 12:08pm
Pere Pasqual
5 years ago Nov 28, 2017 11:52am
Binh Bui
5 years ago Nov 28, 2017 4:09pm

Pere Pasqual: I don't know if it's something related to my profile settings, but I don't remember having changed anything on them and I stopped getting email notifications to my topics / replies just when the new forums came out.

Also, I miss a search button for the *current*, and maybe inner, forum / subforum(s). Now I have to click on the magnifier on the top bar and it will take me out of the current place and yes, there is an option to search forums, which is not working too well for me, to say something...

Hi Pere, thanks for the helpful feedback. I have reported this to our website team and hopefully we will fix those features for you. 

Pere Pasqual
5 years ago Nov 28, 2017 4:20pm

Binh Bui: Hi Pere, thanks for the helpful feedback. I have reported this to our website team and hopefully we will fix those features for you. 

Thanks a lot for caring, Binh!

Amazingly, I just got an email notification for this reply. I swear it's the only one I've got in weeks, or at least the only one I noticed of after the site upgrade!

Binh Bui
5 years ago Nov 28, 2017 4:22pm

Pere Pasqual:

Binh Bui: Hi Pere, thanks for the helpful feedback. I have reported this to our website team and hopefully we will fix those features for you. 

Thanks a lot for caring, Binh!

Amazingly, I just got an email notification for this reply. I swear it's the only one I've got in weeks, or at least the only one I noticed of after the site upgrade!

That's awesome to hear, I hope you don't miss anything more in the future.

Fredrik Rönnlund
5 years ago Nov 28, 2017 8:57pm
Pere Pasqual
5 years ago Dec 21, 2017 1:07pm
Binh Bui
5 years ago Dec 21, 2017 1:13pm

Pere Pasqual: I think I've found another bug on the site. I was trying to give feedback on some add-on, but the rating I selected is not properly stored: I choosed 3 stars, but 5 appear on my comment. Tried it again and, again, there appear 5 starts instead of my selection.

All ratings on this add-on are being displayed as 5 stars, but the average displays about 4 - so obviously there's something wrong there also. Maybe the values are properly stored but wrongly displayed, and the average is being properly calculated.

It should be nice also if feedback/comments could be edited.

Hey there, again :)
It's true that at the moment our Vaadin Directory are somewhat unstable.

Shhh, don't tell this to anyone > we are working to a brand new Directory which we promise will be more stable and will feature more stuff for you guys to use. 

I have also taken note of your feedback so we can make sure that doesn't happen in the future (I myself look forwards for the editting comments/feedbacks feature as well).

So we're really sorry about the unpleasant experience you had. Unfortunately, at the moment, almost all of our human resource are working on the new one so those errors might not go away soon. But we're getting close on our new Directory so stay tuned for that.

Again, thanks so much for the feedback Pere!

Pere Pasqual
5 years ago Jan 15, 2018 9:39am
Artem Godin
5 years ago Jan 16, 2018 9:15am
C Fraser
5 years ago Jan 19, 2018 5:57am
Artem Godin
5 years ago Jan 19, 2018 8:11am