ERROR in maven build connected to getAvailableWidgetSets

When I build my application using maven I get the following ERROR and being a “zero warnings in log” guy I want to get rid of it :slight_smile:

2011-06-08 10:27:26 CEST: [ERROR]
 2011-jun-08 10:27:25 com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.widgetsetutils.ClassPathExplorer getAvailableWidgetSets
 INFO: Widgetsets found from classpath:
 	com.github.wolfie.refresher.RefresherApplicationWidgetset in jar:file:~/.m2/repository/org/vaadin/addons/refresher/1.1.0/refresher-1.1.0.jar!/
 	com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.DefaultWidgetSet in jar:file:~/.m2/repository/com/vaadin/vaadin/6.6.1/vaadin-6.6.1.jar!/
 	org.vaadin.artur.icepush.IcepushaddonWidgetset in jar:file:~/.m2/repository/org/vaadin/addons/icepush/0.2.0/icepush-0.2.0.jar!/
 	myproject.widgetset.MyWidgetSet in file:~/src/main/java

2011-jun-08 10:27:26 com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.widgetsetutils.ClassPathExplorer getAvailableWidgetSets
 INFO: Search took 16ms

I use the vaadin-maven-plugin

<plugin>
	<groupId>com.vaadin</groupId>
	<artifactId>vaadin-maven-plugin</artifactId>
	<version>1.0.1</version>
	<executions>
		<execution>
			<configuration>
			</configuration>
			<goals>
				<goal>update-widgetset</goal>
			</goals>
		</execution>
	</executions>
</plugin>

Any ideas how to solve it or where I can look for more information about what I see in the log?

Maybe I should say that I use Vaadin 6.6.1 and maven 3.0.2

And maybe this is related? Further down in the log

[INFO]
       Computing all possible rebind results for 'com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.client.WidgetMap'
[INFO]
          Rebinding com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.client.WidgetMap
[INFO]
             Invoking generator com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.widgetsetutils.EagerWidgetMapGenerator
[INFO]
                Detecting Vaadin components in classpath to generate WidgetMapImpl.java ...
[ERROR]
 2011-jun-08 11:23:00 com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.widgetsetutils.ClassPathExplorer getPaintablesHavingWidgetAnnotation
[ERROR]
 INFO: Searching for paintables..
[ERROR]
 2011-jun-08 11:23:04 com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.widgetsetutils.ClassPathExplorer getPaintablesHavingWidgetAnnotation
[ERROR]
 INFO: Search took 4204ms

The gwt-maven-plugin pom entry:

<plugin>
	<groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
	<artifactId>gwt-maven-plugin</artifactId>
	<version>2.2.0</version>
	<configuration>
		<webappDirectory>${project.build.directory}/${project.build.finalName}/VAADIN/widgetsets</webappDirectory>
		<extraJvmArgs>-Xmx512M -Xss1024k -d32</extraJvmArgs>
		<runTarget>CloudBaseVaadin</runTarget>
		<hostedWebapp>${project.build.directory}/${project.build.finalName}</hostedWebapp>
		<noServer>true</noServer>
		<port>8080</port>
		<soyc>false</soyc>
	</configuration>
	<executions>
		<execution>
			<goals>
				<goal>resources</goal>
				<goal>compile</goal>
			</goals>
		</execution>
	</executions>
	<dependencies>
		<dependency>
			<groupId>com.google.gwt</groupId>
			<artifactId>gwt-user</artifactId>
			<version>${gwt.version}</version>
		</dependency>
		<dependency>
			<artifactId>gwt-dev</artifactId>
		</dependency>
		<dependency>
			<artifactId>gwt-servlet</artifactId>
		</dependency>
	</dependencies>
</plugin>

Where gwt.version is 2.3.0

These are not real errors, but Maven interprets the output of a Java class used to search for widgetsets as errors.

There is a ticket about this, but unfortunately resolving it in the trivial way would break other systems - especially some features of the Vaadin Eclipse plugin. Therefore, all these aspects need to be addressed together and compatibility impacts must be minimized.

Thank you for the answer, good to know.

Hi all,

After deploying on liferay jboss, I got the following error on the web

Widgetset does not contain implementation for org.tepi.filtertable.FilterTable. Check its @ClientWidget mapping, widgetsets GWT module description file and re-compile your widgetset. In case you have downloaded a vaadin add-on package, you might want to refer to add-on instructions. Unrendered UIDL:
-Unrendered UIDL

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/google/gwt/user/client/ui/HasWidgets
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method) [rt.jar:1.7.0_05]

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:791) [rt.jar:1.7.0_05]

at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:142) [rt.jar:1.7.0_05]

at org.jboss.modules.ModuleClassLoader.doDefineOrLoadClass(ModuleClassLoader.java:327) [jboss-modules.jar:1.1.1.GA]

at org.jboss.modules.ModuleClassLoader.defineClass(ModuleClassLoader.java:391) [jboss-modules.jar:1.1.1.GA]

... 184 more

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.google.gwt.user.client.ui.HasWidgets from [Module “deployment.xxx-portlet.war:main” from Service Module Loader]

at org.jboss.modules.ModuleClassLoader.findClass(ModuleClassLoader.java:190) [jboss-modules.jar:1.1.1.GA]

at org.jboss.modules.ConcurrentClassLoader.performLoadClassUnchecked(ConcurrentClassLoader.java:468) [jboss-modules.jar:1.1.1.GA]

at org.jboss.modules.ConcurrentClassLoader.performLoadClassChecked(ConcurrentClassLoader.java:456) [jboss-modules.jar:1.1.1.GA]

at org.jboss.modules.ConcurrentClassLoader.performLoadClass(ConcurrentClassLoader.java:398) [jboss-modules.jar:1.1.1.GA]

at org.jboss.modules.ConcurrentClassLoader.loadClass(ConcurrentClassLoader.java:120) [jboss-modules.jar:1.1.1.GA]

... 189 more