Issues compiling Vaadin from source

I have been having some issues with a bug in Vaadin killing some functionality I need while using a Tree.

It’s pretty much the same issue detailed in this ticket: http://dev.vaadin.com/ticket/12085

So in order to get around this until some fix is put in place, I wanted to make the necessary changes myself.

My issue now, is I am getting compile errors when compiling the 7.1 branch. I am able to compile the master branch just fine, but I don’t really want to use potentially buggier code to develop

Is anyone else able to compile the current git 7.1 branch? Any pointers on what I could be doing wrong if you are able to? Kinda confused as I was able to compile the master branch without issue.

I would appreciate any help available.
-Adam

One thing that came to my mind: make sure you are using the 7.1 branch of the Vaadin GWT repositories.

Then again, if your changes are that local and you are not preparing them to be contributed back to the main repositories, you could also simply copy the source code of the classes you’ll modify to your own source tree (keeping them in the original com.vaadin… package) and modify them there. As they come before Vaadin classes on the classpath, they are used instead of the original ones.

Well I learned something new about overriding classes. Thank you for that.

It did end up being a mismatch of gwt and Vaadin, and also not getting the 7.1.10 tag, but since overriding classes is that easy, that is for sure the preferred method.

Thank you for the help =).