Newbee help required !! Widgetset does not contain implementation

hello,

i would like to adapt some of my existing gwt widgets to vaadin.
i installed and started vaadin as described in the quick start tutorial.
so far everything works fine.

i then tried changing the HelloWorld.java example to include the following:

main.addComponent(new TextField("Hello World 2!"));

I then get the above error message.

I searched in the examples project and found [quote]
OptimizedWidgetMapGenerator
[/quote]

Where I added

usedPaintables.add(TextField.class);

and

if (paintableType == Label.class || paintableType == TextField.class ||paintableType == Window.class) {
            // We'll load Label and Window eagerly as they are always needed
            return LoadStyle.EAGER;

But this does not help.

I then tried to run it in debug mode. And it works. So the issue must be the generation of the GWT java script files.

I have then in eclipse selected the file

and clicked the [quote]
compile vaadin widgets
[/quote] button.

I get the error:

I then tried to search within the project settings where to set the WebContent. I do not have any vaadin specific settings.

I suppose that the issue is with the [quote]
vaadin-exmaples
[/quote] project. It is not a vaadin project.

I have been trying for quite some time to solve this !

Any help would be appreciated

– Ron
http://sourceforge.net/projects/jsuggest/

Where I added

usedPaintables.add(TextField.class);

[/quote]

I would not start with optimized widgetsets before getting a normal one as well as the debugging process etc. working well with your code - and there is certainly something seriously wrong if TextField is not found. In most cases, optimizing a widgetset for more lazy loading of widgets and omitting some widgets is not necessary and could even cause additional overhead if many lazily loaded widgets are needed in most/all usage scenarios.

See
the book chapter on building custom widgets

Where do you have this file? Checked out from some optimized widgetset example?

Normally, your project has a widgetset (MyWidgetset.gwt.xml) that inherits the DefaultWidgetSet. In addition, it can inherit other (add-on) widgetsets and you can have client-side code in the project itself under a “client” package under the package that has the widgetset file. Furthermore, your web.xml needs to refer to the widgetset. See the book for more information.

For most of the functionality of the Vaadin Plug-in for Eclipse, the project needs to be a WTP (Web Tools Platform) project in Eclipse, i.e. have the “Dynamic Web Module” facet and related directories etc. Some functionality also requires that the project has the Vaadin facet. See “Project Properties… → Project Facets”

Hello,

thanks for the quick feedback.

I will try your suggetions.

I have filed a change request, because I think that the quick startup project is a bit misleading for newbies.

http://dev.vaadin.com/ticket/7024

– Ron