IllegalStateException: Can't start a new layout phase before the previous l

I recently upgraded from 7.0.x to 7.1.8. I then decided to switch themes. Using Reindeer/Runo/Chameleon seems to work fine, but I wanted to create an extension of those themes. If I start with the following as my customized theme

@import "../chameleon/styles.css";

… that is, no actual customizations, just importing. With this theme, my program will never load (I think it is in an endless loop) and I get the following error in FireBug

Fri Nov 29 07:22:07 GMT-800 2013 com.vaadin.client.ApplicationConfiguration SEVERE: Can't start a new layout phase before the previous layout phase ends.java.lang.IllegalStateException: Can't start a new layout phase before the previous layout phase ends.
at Unknown.oi(Unknown Source)
at Unknown.ni(Unknown Source)
at Unknown.ri(Unknown Source)
at Unknown.ti(Unknown Source)
at Unknown.L4f(Unknown Source)
at Unknown.Oxc(Unknown Source)
at Unknown.nyc(Unknown Source)
at Unknown.Mb(Unknown Source)
at Unknown.anonymous(Unknown Source)
at Unknown.kk(Unknown Source)
at Unknown.qk(Unknown Source)
at Unknown.d<(Unknown Source)

Since its all obfuscated, I’m not sure how to debug it. So when I have the default theme, it works without complaining. When I add a simple extension to the theme, it dies.

Can anyone help point me in the right direction here? Very confused.

I figured out how to change the output to detailed, but I still need help narrowing the issue

Fri Nov 29 08:03:09 GMT-800 2013 com.vaadin.client.ApplicationConfiguration SEVERE: Can't start a new layout phase before the previous layout phase ends.java.lang.IllegalStateException: 
Can't start a new layout phase before the previous layout phase ends. 
at Unknown.java_lang_Throwable_fillInStackTrace__Ljava_lang_Throwable_2(Unknown Source) 
at Unknown.java_lang_Throwable_Throwable__Ljava_lang_String_2V(Unknown Source) 
at Unknown.java_lang_Exception_Exception__Ljava_lang_String_2V(Unknown Source) 
at Unknown.java_lang_RuntimeException_RuntimeException__Ljava_lang_String_2V(Unknown Source) 
at Unknown.java_lang_IllegalStateException_IllegalStateException__Ljava_lang_String_2V(Unknown Source) 
at Unknown.com_vaadin_client_LayoutManager_$layoutNow__Lcom_vaadin_client_LayoutManager_2V(Unknown Source) 
at Unknown.com_vaadin_client_LayoutManager$1_run__V(Unknown Source) 
at Unknown.com_google_gwt_user_client_Timer_fire__IV(Unknown Source) 
at Unknown.com_google_gwt_core_client_impl_Impl_apply__Ljava_lang_Object_2Ljava_lang_Object_2Ljava_lang_Object_2Ljava_lang_Object_2(Unknown Source) 
at Unknown.com_google_gwt_core_client_impl_Impl_entry0__Ljava_lang_Object_2Ljava_lang_Object_2Ljava_lang_Object_2Ljava_lang_Object_2(Unknown Source) 
at Unknown.timerId<(Unknown Source) 

I beleive I found my issue. I had a naming issue with the theme. I think the name has to be in the /VAADIN/ as well as inside the style sheet (.) where I had it incorrect.