[Solved] NPE after upgrade from 6.5.5 to 6.6.0

Hello,

I just upgraded to Vaadin 6.6.0 from 6.5.5 and I’m getting following exception when I click any button in my application:

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.client.MouseEventDetails.deSerialize(MouseEventDetails.java:116)
	at com.vaadin.ui.Button.changeVariables(Button.java:198)
	at com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.server.AbstractCommunicationManager.handleVariableBurst(AbstractCommunicationManager.java:1297)
	at com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.server.AbstractCommunicationManager.handleVariables(AbstractCommunicationManager.java:1217)
	at com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.server.AbstractCommunicationManager.doHandleUidlRequest(AbstractCommunicationManager.java:733)
	at com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.server.CommunicationManager.handleUidlRequest(CommunicationManager.java:296)
	at com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.server.AbstractApplicationServlet.service(AbstractApplicationServlet.java:501)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
	at com.google.inject.servlet.ServletDefinition.doService(ServletDefinition.java:263)
	at com.google.inject.servlet.ServletDefinition.service(ServletDefinition.java:178)
	at com.google.inject.servlet.ManagedServletPipeline.service(ManagedServletPipeline.java:91)
	at com.google.inject.servlet.FilterChainInvocation.doFilter(FilterChainInvocation.java:62)
	at com.google.inject.servlet.ManagedFilterPipeline.dispatch(ManagedFilterPipeline.java:118)
	at com.google.inject.servlet.GuiceFilter.doFilter(GuiceFilter.java:113)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
	at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
	at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:298)
	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:859)
	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:588)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:489)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

Everything worked with the old version. I’m running Vaadin on Tomcat 6, building with Maven and publishing via Eclipse WTP. I tried to clean Tomcat’s working directory and ensured the correct library is used on the classpath but the problem still persists. What could be the problem?

Thanks in advance!

My bad, I didn’t recompile the widgetset… Everything works now!

I have the same error, I’m using vaadin in liferay but I’m only using the vaadin jar, I have the error with the last release.

How can I compile it?

Cheers.

The easiest way is to use the
Vaadin Control Panel for Liferay
portlet to recompile the widgetset. See the instructions on that page.

Note that your project should not contain a Vaadin JAR but its classpath should refer to the shared JAR in Liferay. If you upgrade Vaadin in the Liferay installation, make sure you also upgrade the other resources (Vaadin themes) - the necessary themes are now also in Vaadin 6.6.2 and later JARs.