Issue Eclipse Kepler + Vaadin plugin + Mavericks OSX

Hi,

I have some issues with the Vaadin plugin in Eclipse Kepler. I don’t have experience with Eclipse so I don’t really know where the issue lies.

I installed Eclipse Kepler on Mavericks OS X running Java 1.6. Following the instructions in the Book of Vaadin, I installed the IviDE plugins and the Vaadin plugin.

However, whenever I try to create a Vaadin 7 project using the wizard, after clicking the Finish button the project is created but the wizard window never closes. If I click the Finish button one more time I got some exceptions saying:

One or more constraints have not been satisfied.
Cannot install project facet Dynamic Web Module 3.0. Some version of this project facet is already installed.
Cannot install project facet Java 1.6. Some version of this project facet is already installed.

And when I go to the project folder I cannot see the ivy.xml or the UI class file.

Sorry if this is a newbie question, but I’m completely lost.

Regards,

I got exactly same issue, I got different OS though (Windows). https://vaadin.com/forum#!/thread/4459879

Hi Matias,

Yes it’s exactly the same issue I’m facing. I’ve also tried with other versions of Java and Eclipse without success.

Hopefully someone can point us in the right direction.

Regards,

What do you have in the Error Log View ?

I had a similar problem on Windows and this message was displayed :
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/ivyde/eclipse/cpcontainer/IvyClasspathContainer

It was a compatibility issue with the Vaadin Plugin and the latest IvyDE plugin (2.2.0 final).

I resolved the problem by switching to an old version of the IvyDE plugin : 2.2.0 beta1.

Hi Ahingsaka,

That was exactly the exception I was getting. I installed the 2.2.0 beta1 version of the IvyDE plugin you suggested and it’s working now.

Thank you very much!

Regards,

Where did you find the 2.2.0 beta1 version? http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ivyde/history/2.2.0.beta1/index.html → Download redirects to a page that doesn’t exist :slight_smile:

Hi Matias,

Select the
Apache IvyDE Repository
in the “Install New Software…” window in Eclipse and make sure the “Show only the latest versions” option is not checked. You will se the beta version there.

Regards,

Thank you, I was getting the same error (see dialog below).

It required uninstalling the Ivy related items and re-installing the beta version described by Arturo.

I’ve exactly the same issue on different PCs running Windows 7x64: Fresh install of Eclipse Kepler, Vaadin Plugin from Eclipse Marketplace. Try to create new project, this results in the same error messages shown above (Cannot install project facet xyz …)

The error log shows: Unhandled event loop exception

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/ivyde/eclipse/cpcontainer/IvyClasspathContainer
at org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.ui.ModifyFacetedProjectWizard.performFinish(ModifyFacetedProjectWizard.java:388)
at org.eclipse.wst.web.ui.internal.wizards.NewProjectDataModelFacetWizard.performFinish(NewProjectDataModelFacetWizard.java:299)
[…]

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/ivyde/eclipse/cpcontainer/IvyClasspathContainer
at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:2413)
at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Class.java:2723)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:345)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:327)
[…]

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.ivyde.eclipse.cpcontainer.IvyClasspathContainer cannot be found by com.vaadin.integration.eclipse_2.2.0.201306261112
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:501)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:421)

Spent several hours this weekend trying to get Vaadin working :frowning:
Managed to get it working with the workaround provided here.

Thank you for the resolution, I was having the same problem in my vaadon projects. I had to install the 2.2.0 beta1 version of the IvyDE plugin to get rid of the problem.

Hey,

Thanks a lot for the solution, works perfectly.

I can’t believe I lost a whole day of work trying to solve this. Thank you so much Ahingsaka!

Half of a Sunday for me. I was besides myself that I couldn’t dup my Vaadin work on a Linux box vs. a Win7 that I had stood up a couple of months back.

Same problem for me with the following configuration:

• Win7 x64
  • Oracle JRE v1.7.0_05-b06
  • fresh installed Eclipse 4.3 EE x64 (and also with Eclipse 4.2 EE x64)
  • Vaadin Plugin v2.2.0.201306261112 installed through Marketplace (and also through Update-Site)

Workaround works and is well explained. Thanks to Ahingsaka and Arturo!

Hi, I had the exact same problem, with a brand new install of everything.

• Kubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander x64
  • Oracle JRE v1.7.0_05
  • Eclipse 4.3 JEE x64
  • Vaadin Plugin 2.2.0.201306261112 from Vaadin site via Marketplace

Arturo’s solution worked for me.

The version of the Vaadin plug-in on main and experimental update sites has been updated to be compatible with IvyDE 2.2.0.final.

Unfortunately, due to API differences between IvyDE 2.2.0.beta1 and 2.2.0.final, the latest Vaadin plug-in version is NOT compatible with IvyDE beta, so please upgrade both plug-ins at the same time.

HI All,
I have installed "IvyDE 2.2.0.beta1 ",but still I am getting error on end of creation of vaadin project in Eclipse Kepler and Indigo both.
Following is error trace.
[b]
“One or more constraints have not been satisfied.
Cannot install project facet JavaScript 1.0. Some version of this project facet is already installed.
Cannot install project facet Java 1.6. Some version of this project facet is already installed.
Cannot install project facet Dynamic Web Module 2.4. Some version of this project facet is already installed.”

Please help me on this.
[/b]

This does not look like it would be related to the IvyDE issue, perhapos not to the Vaadin plug-in at all.

Check that you are not trying to create a project in a directory that already contains something. Also check whether the creation of a Dynamic Web Project (not a Vaadin project) works or not, and if it does, how about after adding a Vaadin facet to such a project.

This configuration for Kepler does not work. 

Apache IvyDE    2.2.0.final-201311091524-RELEASE
Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers    2.0.0.20130613-0530
Vaadin Plug-in for Eclipse    2.2.0.201312051010

eclipse.buildId=4.3.0.I20130605-2000
java.version=1.7.0_51
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Framework arguments: -product org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64 -product org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product

Error
Wed Mar 12 11:21:45 EET 2014
Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: “org.eclipse.jface”.

java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.vaadin.integration.eclipse.wizards.NewComponentWizardPage.selectTemplate(NewComponentWizardPage.java:282)
at com.vaadin.integration.eclipse.wizards.NewComponentWizardPage.updateTemplateCombo(NewComponentWizardPage.java:198)
at com.vaadin.integration.eclipse.wizards.NewComponentWizardPage.createClientSideControls(NewComponentWizardPage.java:276)
at com.vaadin.integration.eclipse.wizards.NewComponentWizardPage.createControl(NewComponentWizardPage.java:238)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.Wizard.createPageControls(Wizard.java:174)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.createPageControls(WizardDialog.java:736)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.setWizard(WizardDialog.java:1182)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.updateForPage(WizardDialog.java:1241)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.access$4(WizardDialog.java:1238)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog$8.run(WizardDialog.java:1227)
at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.showPage(WizardDialog.java:1225)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.dialogs.NewWizardSelectionPage.advanceToNextPageOrFinish(NewWizardSelectionPage.java:71)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.dialogs.NewWizardNewPage$2.doubleClick(NewWizardNewPage.java:369)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer$1.run(StructuredViewer.java:845)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.JFaceUtil$1.run(JFaceUtil.java:49)
at org.eclipse.jface.util.SafeRunnable.run(SafeRunnable.java:175)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.fireDoubleClick(StructuredViewer.java:843)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer.handleDoubleSelect(AbstractTreeViewer.java:1477)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer$4.widgetDefaultSelected(StructuredViewer.java:1246)
at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy.fireDefaultSelectionEvent(OpenStrategy.java:249)
at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy.access$0(OpenStrategy.java:246)
at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy$1.handleEvent(OpenStrategy.java:307)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1057)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4170)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3759)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:826)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:802)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.WizardHandler$New.executeHandler(WizardHandler.java:259)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.WizardHandler.execute(WizardHandler.java:279)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerProxy.execute(HandlerProxy.java:290)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.E4HandlerProxy.execute(E4HandlerProxy.java:90)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.MethodRequestor.execute(MethodRequestor.java:56)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.invokeUsingClass(InjectorImpl.java:243)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.invoke(InjectorImpl.java:224)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.contexts.ContextInjectionFactory.invoke(ContextInjectionFactory.java:132)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.commands.internal.HandlerServiceHandler.execute(HandlerServiceHandler.java:167)
at org.eclipse.core.commands.Command.executeWithChecks(Command.java:499)
at org.eclipse.core.commands.ParameterizedCommand.executeWithChecks(ParameterizedCommand.java:508)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.commands.internal.HandlerServiceImpl.executeHandler(HandlerServiceImpl.java:213)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.LegacyHandlerService.executeCommand(LegacyHandlerService.java:420)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.actions.CommandAction.runWithEvent(CommandAction.java:157)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:584)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:501)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:411)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1057)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4170)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3759)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$9.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1113)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:997)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:138)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:610)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:567)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:150)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:124)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:354)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:181)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:636)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:591)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1450)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1426)

Also using the current experimental plugin still does not work. My problem is with creating a Vaadin Widget project.

This combination and others I have tried do not work
Apache IvyDE 2.2.0.final-201311091524-RELEASE org.apache.ivyde.feature.feature.group Apache Software Foundation
Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers 2.0.0.20130613-0530 epp.package.jee null
Vaadin Plug-in for Eclipse 2.2.0.201401031000 com.vaadin.integration.eclipse.feature.group Vaadin Ltd

How can this be solved?