An internal error occurred during: "Compiling widgetset...".

When I try to compile a widgetset, I get the following error…

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/ivyde/eclipse/cpcontainer/IvyClasspathContainer
    at com.vaadin.integration.eclipse.util.VaadinPluginUtil.getProjectBaseClasspath(VaadinPluginUtil.java:791)
    at com.vaadin.integration.eclipse.util.WidgetsetUtil.buildCommonArgs(WidgetsetUtil.java:402)
    at com.vaadin.integration.eclipse.util.WidgetsetUtil.compileWidgetset(WidgetsetUtil.java:161)
    at com.vaadin.integration.eclipse.builder.WidgetsetBuildManager.compileWidgetsetIfNotRunning(WidgetsetBuildManager.java:579)
    at com.vaadin.integration.eclipse.builder.WidgetsetBuildManager.compileWidgetsets(WidgetsetBuildManager.java:480)
    at com.vaadin.integration.eclipse.handlers.CompileWidgetsetHandler$1.run(CompileWidgetsetHandler.java:97)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:53)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.ivyde.eclipse.cpcontainer.IvyClasspathContainer cannot be found by com.vaadin.integration.eclipse_2.2.0.201306261112
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:501)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:421)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:412)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:107)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    ... 7 more

This error started happening after upgrading to a newer version of Apache Ivy.

Uninstalling Apache IvyDE and resinstalling fixed the problem.

I am also getting this error, but after fresh install of Eclipse Kepler EE IDE, IvyDE 2.2.0 and Vaadin plugin 2.2.0. Reinstalling of Apache IvyDE did not help. Please help

Hi Štefan,

I had the exact same exception when creating a new Vaadin 7 project.

The suggestion I got was to install a previous version of IvyDE plugin. I ended up installing IvyDE 2.2.0 beta1 and the issue went away. Maybe that will also work in your case.

Original thread

Regards,

Thanks it solved the problem.

Please note that the latest version of the Vaadin plug-in (released yesterday) requires IvyDE 2.2.0.final, whereas the previous build of the Vaadin plug-in required IvyDE 2.2.0.beta1.