Google Map widgetset doesn't compile

I’m sure I’m doing something stupid - hope someone can point out exactly what that is…

Downloaded the latest GoogleMap addon and put the jar file in my project. When I try to compile the widgetset, I get the following:

Starting GWT compiler
Loading inherited module 'com.verisign.ntv.sauron.widgetset.Nt_sauron_testWidgetset'
   Loading inherited module 'com.vaadin.tapio.googlemaps.WidgetSet'
      Loading inherited module 'com.google.maps.gwt.GoogleMaps'
         [ERROR]
 Unable to find 'com/google/maps/gwt/GoogleMaps.gwt.xml' on your classpath; could be a typo, or maybe you forgot to include a classpath entry for source?
      [ERROR]
 Line 7: Unexpected exception while processing element 'inherits'
com.google.gwt.core.ext.UnableToCompleteException: (see previous log entries)
	at com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ModuleDefLoader.nestedLoad(ModuleDefLoader.java:304)
	at com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ModuleDefSchema$BodySchema.__inherits_begin(ModuleDefSchema.java:493)
	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
	at com.google.gwt.dev.util.xml.HandlerMethod.invokeBegin(HandlerMethod.java:230)
	at com.google.gwt.dev.util.xml.ReflectiveParser$Impl.startElement(ReflectiveParser.java:294)
etc. etc.

What is missing on my classpath exactly, and how am I supposed to locate it and install it? I am building this with Eclipse…

Thanks very much,

nbc

Found it - I missed the fact that I also need to download the gwt-maps.jar file from the google site… Widgetset looks like it compiles now…

nbc

Hi Neil,

I saw this article : Google Map widgetset doesn’t compile. I got the similar error and could you please help? I’ve posted my steps here → https://vaadin.com/forum#!/thread/7752543 . Could you please help to review if I miss any in my steps? Many many thanks.

Hi Neil,

I solved my problem, thank you anyway.