Vaadin 7.1.2 Push with JBoss 7.1.2

Hi there,

I’m trying to get Vaadin 7.1.2 Server Push working with JBoss 7.1.2.

My implementation works great with Jetty 9, but when trying to deploy it on JBoss 7.1.2, several problems come up.

At one point, the application would launch, but then it would immediately display the “Busy” icon in the corner, and that would just sit and churn red.

I made a few changes, but now keep getting these errors:
javax.servlet.ServletException: Could not initialize VaadinServlet

com.vaadin.server.ServiceException: Could not read atmosphere settings

javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/jetty/websocket/server/WebSocketServerFactory

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.server.WebSocketServerFactory

The websocket-server library should be correctly set as a dependency, so if anyone has any idea on what might be wrong or how to fix it, any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

-Paul

Just an update…

I got my depenecies resolved…weird issue, but oh well, doesn’t matter…

Anyway, I upgraded to Vaadin 7.1.3 to see if there was any difference, but what I’m seeing is that right when the application starts under JBoss, the busy indicator immediately pops up and NEVER goes away, turning red and staying there indefinitely. I’ve seen a couple other posts make mention of the everlasting Red Ring of Death (Vaadin took a page from the Xbox book) in some circumstances, but I have not seen any solutions being presented.

The app works great under Jetty, but is having problems with JBoss.

Thanks again,

-Paul

I am seeing similar behavior on JBoss 7.2.0.

When first loading the page, push seems to be working for 1 or 2 minutes and then the red loading indicator starts spinning constantly. We have reproduced the problem with Vaadin 7.1.2 and 7.1.3.

Strangely, there are no errors in the server logs or the browser console.

Thank you so much for providing truly an informative knowledge. I am glad to know about it.