External Website Form Post to Vaadin App

Hello all!

I have searched the forum and have run across similar posts, but none that I found answers this specific issue. We have two websites. A generic html website and a client Vaadin app served on two different servers. There is a login form on the html site with a post method. This was fine when we used asp as the client server app, but we are moving to pure java and vaadin and wanted to know if a vaadin application could handle something like this. If not, what is the best method to achieve this?

Thanks,
Scott

I reckon you are looking for something like
in this example
, perhaps?

Yes, thank you!

The PDF copy of The Book of Vaadin that I have on my computer didn’t have that in there. Guess it’s time to get an updated copy!

Thank you,
Scott

The mentioned “book example” isn’t in the book, not yet at least.

The Book Examples demo is largely a personal test application that I use for the book and for other purposes, often just to try things out. Not all the examples end up in the book, not very quickly at least, and the book has many that are not in the application.

Thank you Marko! That’s good information to know. I have bookmarked it for future reference. I think that this specific topic should definitely be in there for those wanting to connect a front-end website to a back-end web app.

Thanks,
Scott

There are a lot of small solutions like this in the Pro Account Knowledge Base. This is in the article
#314: How do I submit a form from an external page?

Marko,

I didn’t realize that the example was a temporary posting. Would it be possible to put it back up again?

Thanks,
Scott

Disregard. I found it in the source book-examples trunk.

Thanks,
Scott

Our demo site is experiencing problems, as far as I know, related to this:
Amazon EC2 troubles bring down Reddit, Foursquare, Quora, Hootsuite and more
… AND MY DEMOS! :angry:

Meanwhile, you can use the book examples
at this mirror site
. It’s actually the original site, but I still mirror the app there because there are so many links to it.

Thanks again Markos! Sorry about the server troubles!

Thanks,
Scott