tinymce or html editor in vaadin7

Is there any addon or option for tinymce or html editor in vaadin7

There’s the CKEditor addon: http://vaadin.com/addon/ckeditor-wrapper-for-vaadin

Thanks,
I tried vaadinckeditor7.8.5.jar with vaadin7.1.1. Also compiled widget successfully. But it doesn’t appear on screen.

showing below message on screen

"Widgetset does not contain implementation for org.vaadin.openesignforms.ckeditor.CKEditorTextField. Check its component connector’s @Connect mapping, widgetsets GWT module description file and re-compile your widgetset. In case you have downloaded a vaadin add-on package, you might want to refer to add-on instructions.
"

here is the code
CKEditorConfig config = new CKEditorConfig();
config.useCompactTags();
config.disableElementsPath();
config.setResizeDir(CKEditorConfig.RESIZE_DIR.HORIZONTAL);
config.disableSpellChecker();
config.setToolbarCanCollapse(false);
// config.addOpenESignFormsCustomToolbar();//commented, because method is not there in CKEditorConfig
config.setWidth(“100%”);

final CKEditorTextField ckEditorTextField = new CKEditorTextField(config);
     layout.addComponent(ckEditorTextField);[b]

[/b][b]

[/b][i]

[/i]
13132.png

Not sure, but we have it working just fine. It seems like you have a setup issue that is not recompiling your widgetsets correctly. Noted you had a commented out method that was removed from the CKEditor widget in October 2010, which is very odd that you should have it in your code. Are you sure you don’t still have some other CKEditor JAR that is conflicting? The key is it will only work if you can successfully compile the widgetset, and you only have one version of the CKEditor widget JAR.

I copied that snippet from the addons screenshot that’s why it has old method. I have only single version jar in lib. widget compiled successfully

Link succeeded
Compilation succeeded – 108.736s

It has generated attached folder.

Thanks,
Bharat
13133.png

Are you no longer getting the message about the widgetset problem then? Are there no errors except for the fact the editor is not appearing? It’s odd since the JAR contains the very UI class that is running at the demo site http://open.esignforms.com/Vaadin7CKEditor/

Are you sure the deployment location where you run it has your widgetset and related JARs, etc.? Sadly, not sure how else to help from here, but do make sure where it’s running that you’ve cleared everything and that only your newest code is present. (For example, in Eclipse we’ve run into instances in which it no longer deploys code correctly to the wtpwebapps folder it creates for its embedded Tomcat server…and we have to remove the publish data files that on our PC are stored at C:\project.metadata.plugins\org.eclipse.wst.server.core\publish and restart Eclipse so that the next server start gets all of the latest code.)

Good luck and hope you can figure out what is going wrong in your setup.

Thanks a lot David.
Finally issue is resolved :-). ckedtior is perfect. Widget was also compiled correctly. There was issue in my setup.

Not sure why it behaves like that. It was related to servlet config. I had vaadin servlet config in web.xml as well as with annotation.
web.xml servlet config was without servlet-mapping.
annotation config was like below.
@WebServlet(value = “/*”, asyncSupported = true)
@VaadinServletConfiguration(productionMode = true, ui = XYZUI.class)
public static class Servlet extends VaadinServlet {
}
App was working ok but wiedget was not working with above config.
I removed annotation config and made it single to web.xml. Added servlet mapping with valid name and url pattern, it works.

Thanks,
Bharat

Hi,

There is now also a V7 compatible wrapper for TinyMCE, thanks to SNAP Consulting.
http://vaadin.com/directory#addon/tinymce-wrapper

I have no idea what are differences with CKEditor and TinyMCE.

cheers,
matti

Is there a built in, or add-on, component allowing me to write code, for example python, with syntax highlighting in the browser in some sort of text area? I haven’t been able to find something so far.

I have problems with http://vaadin.com/directory#addon/tinymce-wrapper. When I put ivy dependency con my project, it can´t be compiled with error on every imports of org.json.JSONArray and org.json.JSONObject in my project.

Any idea??