JPAContainer 3.0 incompatible with vaadin 7.1

Gentlfolk,
it looks like we have a compatibility problem betwen jpacontainer and vaadin 7.1.
I’m trying to use the SingleSelectConvertor from the jpacontainer 3.x and I’m getting the following exception:

Caused by: java.lang.AbstractMethodError: 
com.vaadin.addon.jpacontainer.fieldfactory.SingleSelectConverter.convertToModel(Ljava/lang/Object;Ljava/lang/Class;Ljava/util/Locale;)Ljava/lang/Object;
	at com.vaadin.data.util.converter.ConverterUtil.convertToModel(ConverterUtil.java:156)
	at com.vaadin.ui.AbstractField.convertToModel(AbstractField.java:745)

When I have a look at the method signature for SingleSelectConverter I see:

public T convertToModel(Object value, Locale locale)
            throws com.vaadin.data.util.converter.Converter.ConversionException {

Where as the Converter class in vaadin 7.1 has a signature of

public MODEL convertToModel(PRESENTATION value,
            Class<? extends MODEL> targetType, Locale locale)
            throws ConversionException;

Note that vaadin 7.1 contains an extra parameter ‘targetType’ hence the exception been thrown.

My Mavan dependencies are:

<vaadin.version>7.1.0</vaadin.version>

<dependency>
			<groupId>com.vaadin.addon</groupId>
			<artifactId>jpacontainer</artifactId>
			<version>3.0.0</version>
		</dependency>

<dependency>
			<groupId>com.vaadin</groupId>
			<artifactId>vaadin-server</artifactId>
			<version>${vaadin.version}</version>
		</dependency>

Is it me or vaadin?

See
this thread
- you need to wait for JPAContainer 3.1.0 or build JPAContainer from the sources for Vaadin 7.1 compatibility.

I think JPACOnatiner 3.x is the problem. I can use JPAContainer 2.x.x with Vaadin 6.x.x correctly but not with Vaadin 7 and JPAContainer 3.1 i can’t use.

I have
this problem
and I haven’t yet found the solution

Have read few bits of vaadin and jpacontainer demo-tutorial, my understanding is that jpacontainer 3.1 is based
on jpa 2.0 not jpa 2.1(?). If yes, any hope in the near future to have it include functionalities of jpa 2.1;
stored procedures are of interest.

Rds
JM

There is no support in JPAContainer itself for JPA 2.1, but as far as I know it shouldn’t be incompatible with JPA 2.1 either so you should be able to use JPA 2.1 features separately from JPAContainer.