Modular Design Articles multiple teams

Q: Can anyone provide articles that deal with multiple team Vaadin development?
Q: Can anyone provide Blog entries related to modular design practices/techniques?

Let’s say you have a group of services available (and growing all the time). The main application interacts with these services.

The application has different modules to accomplish different tasks. In the context of a medical software application, for example, you may have a module that deals with patient administration, a module that deals with a radiology system, a module that deals with Pharmacy, etc.

For logistical reasons you want to be able to develop (and test) these modules independently from other modules.

Then, at runtime bundle the modules together to assemble a completed application. Perhaps, toggling on/off the visibility of the modules depending upon user privilege.

This may have been covered elsewhere, but I have not seen the posts.

Thanks in advance.

you could start with CDI:
blog

or OSGI:
https://vaadin.com/forum#!/thread/2487316

Thank you Andre.

Do you happen to use either of these techniques?

Hi John,

i have already started a prototype with Vaadin-CDI. My plan is a loosely coupled architecture but there are some very special cases.

• Database updates for single modules with Liquibase
  • Role and rights management which will cover the modules
  • module-api

Interesting. I’ll have a look.
Vaadin CDI

Thanks again Andre

Andre, which Application Server (and version) do you use?

You will need a Application Server or Servlet Container with CDI. The combination of Tomcat 7 and Weld does not work for me, so i have changed to Tomee 1.5.2.

Looking into
Apache TomEE

Thanks again Andre.