Favicon expires header

Hi,

I’m using GAE and i’ve a problem with my app, it makes a lot of favicon requests, how can i change the expires date?

Thanks.

ExpiresActive On
ExpiresDefault "access plus 1 seconds"
ExpiresByType text/html "access plus 1 seconds"
ExpiresByType image/gif "access plus 120 minutes"
ExpiresByType image/jpeg "access plus 120 minutes"
ExpiresByType image/png "access plus 120 minutes"
ExpiresByType text/css "access plus 60 minutes"
ExpiresByType text/javascript "access plus 60 minutes"
ExpiresByType application/x-javascript "access plus 60 minutes"
ExpiresByType text/xml "access plus 1 seconds"

so basicly you use the visitors browsers cache for serving graphics and more.
example, i visit your site, with the instruction my browser downloads a lot of things to store in my browsers cache, for me the first page will be a little slow, but then everything speeds up, because all that is downloaded in my cache is served from my cache and not your site anymore.
benefits, you less bandwidth, me speedier website
you see in extract, that images like jpg and gif are stored in my browsers cache for more then 120 minutes.
rest is self explicatory.

I use this on
my site
, which is in my signature, so first load is a bit slow and then it speeds up for the reasons explained above.

Thanks for the reply Nikky, but i wanted to know how to change it on appengine. I have found the answer.

• appengine-web.xml:
<static-files>
       	<include path="/VAADIN/**" expiration="15d"/>
</static-files>

I don’t know if the path have to be more accurate, something like “/VAADIN/.png" and "/VAADIN/.ico”

BTW, the documentation of appengine in my language sucks, the english version is much more extense. Appengine by default puts 10 min expiration time.

These look like Apache HTTP Server directives for the mod_expire module?

As Apache isn’t a Java application server, I assume that you use it as a front-end for serving static content, etc, and redirect Vaadin application calls to another server? Or is there something I don’t know?