JS/Jquery integration & client side code

Hi,

I have 3 questions:

1. Each and every action in Vaadin makes a call to the server. is there a way to avoid calls to server for every actions? like having a code at client side for particular actions that is used many times? Like in CSValidation add-on.

2. I want to know how to add Javascript/JQuery in Vaadin 7. It seems easy in Vaadin 6. But, I couldn’t get it working in Vaadin 7. I hope they would have made it more easy now. Can anyone show me some examples regarding this. If it is JQuery, It will help me a lot.

3. And also will

Javascript.getCurrent().execute("<js>"); ‘execute the javascript’ or ‘add specified script’ in to the code. Will this help me to solve my 2nd question?

Thanks

For most of your questions: Look at the wiki articles here:
https://vaadin.com/wiki/-/wiki/Main/Vaadin%207
especially then ones under “Using Javascript”, “Client Side development” and “Custom widgets”

1. You need to make a custom component for this. (Custom widget + Client side development)
  2. In Vaadin 7 you can either make a new component or an extension. The first way is roughly the same as in V6 (although i heard it’s even better now)
  3. This line will execute the Javascript and not add it. So if you execute “print()” it will immediately open the Print-Window.

(Disclaimer: I’m not an expert in this topic. So if i said something wrong go ahead and correct me.)

Hey Marius,

Thanks for the link. I will check it out.