Using Vaadin application in multiple tabs with same browser

Hi,

We updated our Vaadin to version 7 recently and then to version 7.0.7 and noticed change between tab behaviour. In Vaadin 6 if user opened several tabs all those instances related to same user session. In first version of Vaadin 7 that seemed to change so that each tab started new session but again in 7.0.7 it seemed that functionality was same as in Vaadin 6.

So our question is that how this is planned to work in Vaadin 7. Did we just understand this wrongly in functionality has been same all the time or do you have plans that in Vaadin 7 this should work so that each tab is own session?

Br,
Sampo

Hmm, there should not be anything changed in 7.0.7 with regard to this. Could you provide more info, preferably a test case as well?

In Vaadin 6, unless the application was specifically written to support multiple browser windows/tabs, all the tabs would correspond to the same Window instance on the server, and if anything changed in one tab, the others would go out of sync (because the server could not update their state lacking any push capability).

Vaadin 7 implemented proper support for multiple tabs per user session. In Vaadin 7, each new tab or window creates a new UI instance, with its own state and component tree separate from every other UI. These all belong to the same session, however, and can communicate between each other.

Hello all,

Is there a way to tell Vaadin to use for each tab a new session? I require this, because I want to avoid, that my session attributes are out-dated (e.g. current logedin user), but still another GUI is active were I expect that these values are available.

Regards,
Thomas

Is it correct to save this data in the UI instance? Or is it a complete wrong way to handle this topic?