Client Side and Server Side

This is the first time that i try to make a web application and i didn’t understand from tutorial, if i can create client-server application only use the main class, where i manage the UI and VaadinRequest, or i always create a widget??

Maybe it is a stupid question, but as I said before it’s the first time for me.

Thanks for any replies

Easiest way to create a Vaadin application is to use Maven mvn archetype:generate \ -DarchetypeGroupId=com.vaadin \ -DarchetypeArtifactId=vaadin-archetype-application \ -DarchetypeVersion=7.0.6 \ -Dpackaging=war
Alternatively you can use Vaadin Eclipse plugin which gives you new project wizard.

From there you have a working starting point.

You dont’ have to manage VaadinRequest, but instead Vaadin does it for you. Just initialize your UI in UI#init by putting some Components as the content of UI.

When you are starting Vaadin development, you don’t have to think about Widgets. You should consider creating a Widget if you want to create some totally new Component, that is not a simple composition of existing ones. Widgets are created for the client-side using GWT. Examples of these kind of custom Widgets can be found from
Vaadin Directory
under the UI Components category.

Thanks for the explanation.