Touchkit - Error running app on local server

Hi,

I’m new to Vaadin and am having some problems getting Touchkit to work properly.

I’m trying to add Touchkit to an existing project: I’ve added vaadin-touchkit-agpl-3.0.0-beta1.jar to my WEB-INF/lib folder, and updated the web.xml file so that references com.vaadin.addon.touchkit.server.TouchKitServlet.

I’m trying to run the project on Tomcat 7, but get an error:

SEVERE: An exception or error occurred in the container during the request processing
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/vaadin/server/VaadinServlet

I’ve been playing around with the project for quite some time now, but can’t get it to work. Any ideas would be very much appreciated.

Regards,

Stephen.

Hi,

VaadinServlet is a class in vaadin-server module. So be sure to have that dependency in your pom/jar in your class path. If you are using Vaadin 6 choose TouchKit 2.x version.

cheers,
matti

Hi Matti,

Thanks for the quick reply! I’m using Vaadin 7.0.3. I don’t have a pom file (not using Maven) but have added the dependency to my ivy.xml file, and all the relevant libraries seem to be part of the project.

The app was initially a normal Vaadin project, and working fine. Its only when I alter the servlet class in the deployment descriptor that I get the error.

Hi again,

Out of desperation I ended up uninstalling/reinstalling my entire development stack, imported the project and now it works fine… Absolutely no idea what was causing the problem.

Anyway, thanks for your help.

Hi All I need touchkit for my current project which is based on Vaadin6 kindly provide link to download Vaadin TouchKit 2.x version