Binding Data to a Custom Component

I have a CustomComponent that is essentially a panel with Clickable panels inside of it. (I have attached an image) The clickable panels each have a Model for them. Is there a way I can use Vaadin data binding to have my CustomComponent update properly, or since it is a custom component data binding is not a good option.

I am also open to ideas on changing the Custom Component to have something different inside of it. (Not just clickable panels) I am not looking for a table, but if there is some way to use Vaadin data binding and still receive the same general look that would be great.

thank you in advance for your help
11582.png

I’m not sure if I understood correctly what you want, but I believe the
CustomField
add-on (a CustomComponent that implements the com.vaadin.data.Field interface) might help you.

The add-on actually contains two classes of interest: CustomField and FieldWrapper. The former requires (and lets) you implement all the data logic yourself for maximum flexibility, whereas FieldWrapper delegates most Field operations to a contained field but let you do layout around it and add other components that might control it, as well as specify data conversions.

How are you suppose to accomplish this with Vaadin 14? I have a custom DateTimePicker (composite) that I would like to use with a binder.

Thanks