Problem getting Inter-portlet communication working via Events

I am having trouble getting inter-portlet communication working using Events. I am following the demo here: http://demo.vaadin.com/docs/example-source/com/vaadin/demo/portlet/VaadinInterPortletEventPortlet.java.html

I have both the Vaadin portlet and generic portlet on the same page in Liferay. I am running Vaadin 6.5 and Liferay Portal Enterprise Edition 6.0 EE SP1 on IE 8.

Is there some additional step I need to do for these Events to be registered?

Are you using the demo WAR or have you deployed the portlets there separately?

See the event related parts in
this portlet.xml
used by the demo.

No, I was just using the source code in my own WAR. I missed the part about adding the events in the portlet.xml. Do I need to leave the “xmlns:vaadin”, or can that be changed to be my company’s name? I guess I have the same question about the event name “vaadin:Hello”. I assume that can be changed as long as they match. Is that true?

Thank you for you help!

It was a while since I last touched portlet events and I am not in front of my development environment at the moment, but if I remember correctly, all of these can be changed as long as they match.

I am still having problems making these events work. I tried adding the supported-publishing-event sections to my portlet.xml, with no luck. Then, just for sanity, I checked out the code from the vaadin svn, and the events didn’t fire from that either.

Is there a maybe config step in my portal that I am not seeing, or could I still be missing something?