Disable multiple table header clicks

HI,

I have table with 2 generated columns and Bean Item container as its container. I added header click event to the table based on which I perform some action like selecting all records or repopulating the data in to the table. Coming to the issue, When ever I keep on clicking on header, say 5-10 times with in a short span of time, its giving a communication error and some UIDL values in the notification area.

To disable this, So what I am planning to do is there a way where we can disable header click event once the header click event is triggered.

Are there any suggestions to overcome this?

Whats happening is that when ever I click on sort it takes some amount of time(10-20sec) to fetch and populate the data in to the Container. For one request - one sort. So when ever I do a multiple clicks on the column header it throws me a communication error with Some UIDL data - related to the data populated in to the table. Is there a way where I can restrict the user on doing an header click after he clicks once?

Can you anyone pls help or give me some pointers?

Following is the stack trace -

[2013-04-05 10:11:14,932]
 [SEVERE]
 [com.vaadin.server.DefaultErrorHandler]
 : java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.vaadin.server.AbstractCommunicationManager.encodeState(AbstractCommunicationManager.java:1214) [vaadin-server-7.0.0.jar:7.0.0]

at com.vaadin.server.AbstractClientConnector.encodeState(AbstractClientConnector.java:236) [vaadin-server-7.0.0.jar:7.0.0]

at com.vaadin.server.AbstractCommunicationManager.writeUidlResponse(AbstractCommunicationManager.java:847) [vaadin-server-7.0.0.jar:7.0.0]

at com.vaadin.server.AbstractCommunicationManager.paintAfterVariableChanges(AbstractCommunicationManager.java:728) [vaadin-server-7.0.0.jar:7.0.0]

at com.vaadin.server.AbstractCommunicationManager.handleUidlRequest(AbstractCommunicationManager.java:599) [vaadin-server-7.0.0.jar:7.0.0]

at com.vaadin.server.VaadinServlet.service(VaadinServlet.java:315) [vaadin-server-7.0.0.jar:7.0.0]

at com.vaadin.server.VaadinServlet.service(VaadinServlet.java:201) [vaadin-server-7.0.0.jar:7.0.0]

at org.vaadin.artur.icepush.ICEPushServlet.service(ICEPushServlet.java:72) [icepush-0.5.5.jar:0.5.5]

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:847) [jboss-servlet-api_3.0_spec-1.0.1.Final-redhat-2.jar:1.0.1.Final-redhat-2]

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:329) [jbossweb-7.0.17.Final-redhat-1.jar:]

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:248) [jbossweb-7.0.17.Final-redhat-1.jar:]

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:275) [jbossweb-7.0.17.Final-redhat-1.jar:]

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:161) [jbossweb-7.0.17.Final-redhat-1.jar:]

at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:397) [jbossweb-7.0.17.Final-redhat-1.jar:]

at org.jboss.as.jpa.interceptor.WebNonTxEmCloserValve.invoke(WebNonTxEmCloserValve.java:50) [jboss-as-jpa-7.1.3.Final-redhat-4.jar:7.1.3.Final-redhat-4]

at org.jboss.as.web.security.SecurityContextAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityContextAssociationValve.java:169) [jboss-as-web-7.1.3.Final-redhat-4.jar:7.1.3.Final-redhat-4]

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:155) [jbossweb-7.0.17.Final-redhat-1.jar:]

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102) [jbossweb-7.0.17.Final-redhat-1.jar:]

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109) [jbossweb-7.0.17.Final-redhat-1.jar:]

at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:372) [jbossweb-7.0.17.Final-redhat-1.jar:]

at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:877) [jbossweb-7.0.17.Final-redhat-1.jar:]

at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:679) [jbossweb-7.0.17.Final-redhat-1.jar:]

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:931) [jbossweb-7.0.17.Final-redhat-1.jar:]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619) [rt.jar:1.6.0]

12885.jpg