DontPush OzoneLayer upgrade problems

Hey there

Using Glassfish 3.1.2.2 and DontPush OzoneLayer 0.4.9 we have a couple of sites working rather nicely. However, we wanted to take advantage of the latest and greatest fixes and optimizations so I tried doing an upgrade version 1.0.4 of the add-on. After switching my projects to use GWT 2.4.0 and did the add-on upgrade. The sites now only work with IE but not Firefox or Chrome.

Both sites use authentication if that’s is relevant. What I see after login is the busy icon for 30 seconds, a flash, the busy icon restarts, and then the oops menu after the next timeout. I’m fairly certain that IE works because it’s not using websockets where as the other two are. I did some debugging with Firebug and. I see that a GET call that is waiting and then times out.

Here’s what I saw with 0.4.9
http://localhost:8080/site/auth/UIDL/75f22b74-6828-4c7b-b90f-497f772b9e76/null?t=L2UO3Z&c=1&tr=HTTPRequest

Here’s was I see with 1.0.4
http://localhost:8080/site/auth/UIDL/null?w=null&cmid=cb870adb-e5df-4981-bc0a-0f368487d53a&dsm=PLAIN&sm=PLAIN&t=L2XDQ2&c=2&tr=HTTPRequest

Any suggestions would be great
James

I did some further investigation buy creating a dead simple project that simply updates a label with an incrementing number. There was no authentication/login code. I first create it with DontPush OzoneLayer 0.4.9 and it worked in IE/Chrome/Firefox. Next upgraded to 1.0.4. and GWT 2.4.0. Only IE doesn’t get the Ooops screen.

It’s an Eclipse project using Glassfish 3.1.2.2. if anyone is interested. It’s too big to attach but I’m sure we can figure something out. The stack trace below is same as before. It’s the symptom, not the problem. Value being passed is null which I believe is an invalid session ID.

SEVERE: Exception in thread “Timer-2”
SEVERE: java.util.concurrent.RejectedExecutionException
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$AbortPolicy.rejectedExecution(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1768)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.reject(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:767)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.execute(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:658)
at org.atmosphere.gwt.server.AtmosphereGwtHandler.execute(AtmosphereGwtHandler.java:440)
at org.vaadin.dontpush.server.SocketCommunicationManager.deferPaintPhase(SocketCommunicationManager.java:122)
at org.vaadin.dontpush.server.SocketCommunicationManager.repaintRequested(SocketCommunicationManager.java:102)
at com.vaadin.ui.AbstractComponent.fireRequestRepaintEvent(AbstractComponent.java:881)
at com.vaadin.ui.AbstractComponent.childRequestedRepaint(AbstractComponent.java:859)
at com.vaadin.ui.AbstractComponent.requestRepaint(AbstractComponent.java:847)
at com.vaadin.ui.Label.fireValueChange(Label.java:464)
at com.vaadin.ui.Label.valueChange(Label.java:473)
at com.vaadin.data.util.AbstractProperty.fireValueChange(AbstractProperty.java:206)
at com.vaadin.data.util.ObjectProperty.setValue(ObjectProperty.java:165)
at com.vaadin.ui.Label.setValue(Label.java:256)
at com.example.webtest.WebTestApplication$Update.run(WebTestApplication.java:35)
at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:512)
at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:462)

James