Help for I18N4Vaadin

Hi all,
who can help me? I want to use I18N4Vaadin im our project and I include all shoing in the paper “Using I18N4Vaadin without CDI” - configure the UI and add some messages. All seems ok, but I found no bundle and no propertie files. I think the annotation processor does not work. But why???
Thanks for help
Bernd

OK, I’m have make a next step. For beginner like me, in the document “Using I18N4Vaadin without CDI” is no info, that I have to configure the annotation processor in eclipse. By the way, I use openjdk1.7.
I do that, but now I get following message:

Internal compiler error: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/github/peholmst/i18n4vaadin/
annotations/Message at
com.github.peholmst.i18n4vaadin.ap.AnnotationProcessor.buildPackageMap(AnnotationProcessor.java:
57)

any idea?
Tanks Bernd

OK,
next Step, I must not only the annotation processor include in Factory Path of eclipse, also the api and dependency libraries.

Hi
I have the same problem and can’t resolve it. I’m new with Eclipse and Vaadin and trying to create a demo project with I18N.
I have followed the steps from https://github.com/peholmst/I18N4Vaadin/wiki/Using-I18n4Vaadin-without-CDI but when I build my project no file is generated (no properties, no additional classes).

I tried to add manually the I18N4Vaadin jars to the Annotation Processing Factory Path in Eclipse but each time it asks for more jars and there are some that I don’t find (like org.eclipse.jdt.apt.pluggable.core…)

Also, I use Ivy and not Maven because when I use the Eclipse wizard to create a Vaadin7 project, it comes with ivy files and not maven files. I tried to convert it to a maven project but it didn’t work.
Please can you explain how to make the java builder generate the files from preprocessing the annotations ?

Thank you.

I also have the same understanding problem.
My questions are where do I have to put these annotation processor statements to (is it an annotation or a compiler argument) and do I have to invoke the annotation processor manually?

I would really appreciate a detailed explanation of these points also in the manual on github, because this is very confusing when you are not familiar with this stuff.

Thank you very much!

I think this problem is caused becasue the bundles are generated by maven into the generates-sources directory, which is located in mavens build location. This folder is not included by default into yor maven project hence eclipse does not know of the generated budles and thus gives an error that it cannot find the bundle classes.

I think the following post provides a solution to this problem.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7160006/m2e-and-having-maven-generated-source-folders-as-eclipse-source-folders

Donot forget to configure the plugin with the proper source folder:

${project.build.directory}/generated-sources/java/” should point to the actual folder where the code is generated.

And when using eclipse right click your project and execute maven>update project.

Hope this helps.