Case Study using Liferay and Vaadin

I created an application for The Utah Department of Workforce Services using Liferay and Vaadin. The name of the application is myCase. Here is a brief description.

“myCase is customer access of eligibility automation or the landing page for customers to conduct their business as it relates to eligibility. This allows customers to follow their case status 24 hours a day 7 days a week, no phone call needed.”

Since our launch on November 9th, 2010, we have had…

Over 48,000 users (19,000 of those use Single Sign-On via Google, Facebook or Yahoo)
Over 2 million total page views
Over 120,000 read notices

The application consists of about 20 Vaadin based portlets as well as some of the out-of-the-box portlets from Liferay. I am the initial architect and developer of the application. Since then, we have added to the team and have 6 additional developers.

Using Vaadin to build the portlets allowed use to easily and effectively meet our business requirements.

Thanks Vaadin!

Hi Gordon,

I’m pleased to hear you are cruising smoothly with Vaadin. Your case seems a good match to our
Who is Using Vaadin
list.

If you’d like to add your case to the list, just throw me an email ville-at-vaadin-dot-com and we can make the arrangements.

Hoping to hear from you shortly. Cheers,