Vaadin in GWT development mode

Hi
I am new to Vaadin and want to run it in GWT-s development mode.

I tryed the following:
mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeGroupId=com.vaadin -DarchetypeArtifactId=vaadin-maven-plugin -DarchetypeVersion=7.0.1 -Dpackaging=war
mvn package
mvn gwt:run

But the run failed and I got:
[ERROR]
Failed to execute goal org.codehaus.mojo:gwt-maven-plugin:2.5.1-rc1:run (default-cli) on project bb: The parameters ‘runTarget’ for goal org.codehaus.mojo:gwt-maven-plugin:2.5.1-rc1:run are missing or invalid → [Help 1]

mvn jetty:run works.

Is there a simple way to generate a sample Vaadin project and run it in GWT-s development mode from the command line (without eclipse)?

It has been a while since I did this on the command line with Maven, so I might be forgetting something, but the general idea for Vaadin 7:

Use “mvn jetty:run” to run the server and “mvn vaadin:debug” (if I remember correctly) to run the GWT development mode server. Note that the latter is probably configured not to serve the server-side application, so you need both running in parallel.

Do not use the “gwt:…” targets but replace “gwt:” with “vaadin:” (with the same goals and parameters) - the gwt plug-in tries to add some GWT JARs on the classpath, which may lead to classpath conflicts with the version of GWT integrated in Vaadin etc.

I’m assuming your project has been created with the vaadin application archetype for Vaadin 7. If not, you can create an empty project with it and copy the relevant Vaadin plug-in settings from there.

I’m assuming your project has been created with the vaadin application archetype for Vaadin 7.
Yes I did use that to get a project.

I managed to get the development mode working:)
So the steps I tok:
mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeGroupId=com.vaadin -DarchetypeArtifactId=vaadin-maven-plugin -DarchetypeVersion=7.0.1 -Dpackaging=war
cd into the project
mvn package
mvn jetty:run
and on another window
mvm vaadin:run

I also managed to get it working in one window with the following changes to pom.xml:
Added missing dependency:

javax.servlet
jsp-api

Added into :
${basedir}/src/main/webapp/VAADIN/widgetsets/WEB-INF/classes
Changed:
true → false
<hostedWebapp…> → ${basedir}/target/bb-1
And now just:
mvm vaadin:run