The import com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.client.DefaultWidgetSet cannot be resolv

i have created a vaadin project using eclipse, it has been sucessfully created, i have added widgeset to my project, when i try to compile i am getting follwing exception

Compiling widgetset com.phoenix.ui.main.DisconnDismantelWidgetset
Updating GWT module description file…
Nov 28, 2010 10:33:40 PM com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.widgetsetutils.ClassPathExplorer getAvailableWidgetSets
INFO: Widgetsets found from classpath:
com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.DefaultWidgetSet in jar:file:D:/eclipse/workspace/Disconndismantel/WebContent/WEB-INF/lib/vaadin-6.4.8.jar!/
com.phoenix.ui.main.DisconnDismantelWidgetset in file://D/eclipse/workspace/Disconndismantel/src

Done.
Starting GWT compiler
Compiling module com.phoenix.ui.main.DisconnDismantelWidgetset
Validating newly compiled units
[ERROR]
Errors in ‘file:/D:/eclipse/workspace/Disconndismantel/src/com/phoenix/ui/main/client/DisconnDismantelWidgetset.java’
[ERROR]
Line 3: The import com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.client.DefaultWidgetSet cannot be resolved
[ERROR]
Line 7: DefaultWidgetSet cannot be resolved to a type
[ERROR]
Line 16: DefaultWidgetSet cannot be resolved to a type
[ERROR]
Line 29: DefaultWidgetSet cannot be resolved to a type
Finding entry point classes
[ERROR]
Unable to find type ‘com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.client.DefaultWidgetSet’
[ERROR]
Hint: Check that the type name ‘com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.client.DefaultWidgetSet’ is really what you meant
[ERROR]
Hint: Check that your classpath includes all required source roots
Widgetset compilation failed

please help

I have not seen this before - it looks like a classpath problem, or maybe the widget map generator is not invoked correctly when performing GWT compilation. I assume you have not tweaked anything related to Vaadin or GWT in your project classpath settings, but that is good to check.

Try to change to another Vaadin version in Project Properties → Vaadin and then recompile - changing it from there should also update GWT references unless you have modified them yourself in the project classpath. If that works, then change back to 6.4.8 and recompile again.

I am curious, I notices some client configurations inherit
com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.DefaultWidgetSet
, while others inherit
com.vaadin.DefaultWidgetSet
Are those modules different?
Is it possible I have inconsitent client code in place due to having both modules included by different widgetsets?

Thanks

com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.client.DefaultWidgetSet is the old location from Vaadin 6, com.vaadin.DefaultWidgetSet is the new location in Vaadin 7.
However, Vaadin 7 still includes a legacy c.v.t.g.c.DWS that does nothing but import c.v.DWS to make migration easier.

Sometime in the future (Vaadin 8 or later), c.v.t.g.c.DWS might get removed so best update to use c.v.DWS.

I am getting this problem all of a sudden

"Failed to execute goal com.vaadin:vaadin-maven-plugin:8.0.6:compile (default) on project Harpy_v8: GWT Module com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.DefaultWidgetSet not found in project sources or resources. → [Help 1]
"

Tried different version 8.8.6 still the same problem.

Simple question how do I fix this???