How to run Vaadin TouchKit

Can someone teach me how to run Vaadin touchkit

Because when I created the project by maven pom and then maven install by the intrucstion
http://demo.vaadin.com/vornitologist/VAADIN/tutorial/touchkit-tutorial.html

, but it seems that the Debug as “Run on server” is not appearing in my Debug or Run in eclipse. Even though I run normal Vaadin 7 project on server without any problem
12792.png

Im not an expert with Touchkit but I suppose you’re missing the M2E-WTP plugin from your Eclipse. Check it out here: http://www.eclipse.org/m2e-wtp/

It’ll allow you to bind Maven projects to your application servers configured through Eclipse. Another approach would maybe be to use the testserver from Vornitologist project. Last time I tried it, it used Jetty to start testing server.

Thanks so much from your fast reply. Now it gets to anoher issue:
[b]

[ERROR]
Failed to execute goal org.codehaus.mojo:gwt-maven-plugin:2.3.0-1:compile (default) on project dmm: Command [[
[ERROR]
/bin/sh -c /System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/java -Xmx512M -Xss1024k -classpath /Users/trung/Documents/vaadinworkspace/dmm/src/main/java:/Users/trung/Documents/vaadinworkspace/dmm/src/main/resources:/Users/trung/Documents/vaadinworkspace/dmm/target/classes:/Users/trung/.m2/repository/com/vaadin/addon/vaadin-touchkit-agpl/2.1.0/vaadin-touchkit-agpl-2.1.0.jar:/Users/trung/.m2/repository/com/vaadin/vaadin/6.7.8/vaadin-6.7.8.jar:/Users/trung/.m2/repository/javax/servlet/servlet-api/2.3/servlet-api-2.3.jar:/Users/trung/.m2/repository/com/google/gwt/gwt-user/2.3.0/gwt-user-2.3.0.jar:/Users/trung/.m2/repository/com/google/gwt/gwt-user/2.3.0/gwt-user-2.3.0.jar:/Users/trung/.m2/repository/javax/validation/validation-api/1.0.0.GA/validation-api-1.0.0.GA.jar:/Users/trung/.m2/repository/javax/validation/validation-api/1.0.0.GA/validation-api-1.0.0.GA-sources.jar:/Users/trung/.m2/repository/com/google/gwt/gwt-dev/2.3.0/gwt-dev-2.3.0.jar com.google.gwt.dev.Compiler -gen /Users/trung/Documents/vaadinworkspace/dmm/target/.generated -logLevel INFO -style OBF -war /Users/trung/Documents/vaadinworkspace/dmm/src/main/webapp/VAADIN/widgetsets -localWorkers 2 -extra /Users/trung/Documents/vaadinworkspace/dmm/target/extra -compileReport com.vaadin.example.dmm.gwt.AppWidgetSet
[ERROR]
]] failed with status 1

[/b]

Could you please help me fix this error as well :smiley:
12793.png

Hi,

Could you post the full log from maven console? The real cause might be there.

Sometimes the 512M isn’t enough memory for GWT compilation. You could try to double that (you’ll the property it from pom.xml).

cheers,
matti

It’s here sir and thanks for your response
12796.png

Hi,

I ment if you could copy paste the whole text from the console. From screenshot I can see only part of the stack trace. Did you try increasing the Xmx value for GWT compilation?

cheers,
matti

I doubled but it doesn’t work either.

Here is the full log error.

Failed to execute goal org.codehaus.mojo:gwt-maven-plugin:2.3.0-1:compile (default) on project dmm: Command [[
[ERROR]
/bin/sh -c /System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/java -Xmx1024M -Xss1024k -classpath /Users/trung/Documents/vaadinworkspace/dmm/src/main/java:/Users/trung/Documents/vaadinworkspace/dmm/src/main/resources:/Users/trung/Documents/vaadinworkspace/dmm/target/classes:/Users/trung/.m2/repository/com/vaadin/addon/vaadin-touchkit-agpl/2.1.0/vaadin-touchkit-agpl-2.1.0.jar:/Users/trung/.m2/repository/com/vaadin/vaadin/6.7.8/vaadin-6.7.8.jar:/Users/trung/.m2/repository/javax/servlet/servlet-api/2.3/servlet-api-2.3.jar:/Users/trung/.m2/repository/com/google/gwt/gwt-user/2.3.0/gwt-user-2.3.0.jar:/Users/trung/.m2/repository/com/google/gwt/gwt-user/2.3.0/gwt-user-2.3.0.jar:/Users/trung/.m2/repository/javax/validation/validation-api/1.0.0.GA/validation-api-1.0.0.GA.jar:/Users/trung/.m2/repository/javax/validation/validation-api/1.0.0.GA/validation-api-1.0.0.GA-sources.jar:/Users/trung/.m2/repository/com/google/gwt/gwt-dev/2.3.0/gwt-dev-2.3.0.jar com.google.gwt.dev.Compiler -gen /Users/trung/Documents/vaadinworkspace/dmm/target/.generated -logLevel INFO -style OBF -war /Users/trung/Documents/vaadinworkspace/dmm/src/main/webapp/VAADIN/widgetsets -localWorkers 2 -extra /Users/trung/Documents/vaadinworkspace/dmm/target/extra -compileReport com.vaadin.example.dmm.gwt.AppWidgetSet
[ERROR]
]] failed with status 1
[ERROR]
→ [Help 1]

[ERROR]

[ERROR]
To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
[ERROR]
Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
[ERROR]

[ERROR]
For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR]
[Help 1]
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoExecutionException

I found the problem myself. The jar “gwt-user-2.3.0.jar” might be corrupted so I downloaded another one from the internet to replace it. Now everything works fine, thanks for your assistance anyways.