reindeermods

Hi Jouni,

When more about Reindeermods?:smiley:
Which component?

I like it so much.

Thanks!!

Thanks for the interest! Iā€™ll try to find a few hours next week on my community time to make a few additional styles and maybe add a little bit of documentation and more examples.

Any wishes?

Surprise us!

Panel or table may be!

Hello,

Could anyone help me to change icon? For example, in a button, I would like to change the icon using ThemeResource. Anyhow, I could not put the path correctly or maybe there are some steps I should follow? Please kindly help.

Hi ppor,

First of all, you shoud have your image into the
WebContent/VAADIN/themes/<your_theme_name>/
folder and once you place the image in that folder the only thing you should do is:

Button btnLogin = new Button("Login");
btnLogin.setIcon(new ThemeResource("icons/go.png");

In the snippet I asume that you have an image called
go.png
and a folder inside theme called
icons

HTH,

Javi.

Hello Javier,

Thanks indeed for the reply. However, it still doesnā€™t work. I attach you here two snapshot of my directory structure and my code (selected lines).
However, when I run my application, it shows nothing on screen.

I guess the problem happens where I replace theme. So, I also attach you the snapshot of my code in styles.css.

Your help is highly appreciated. thanks :slight_smile:

Regards,
Por
12573.png
12572.png

Hello ppor,

I saw your snapshots and, first of all, which theme are you using? I see suricate (your custom theme) and then reindermoods theme add-on referenced as css import, and then runo in your codeā€¦

I think you have a problem with your stylesheets, I recomend you to use only one theme, or in any case use two, the custom and the inherited one.

If you donā€™t see anything in the browser it could be an issue of your code. In a simple view, I see that you set the size to full in one component, then sets the width of other one to 100%, and then set the size undefined to anotherā€¦

I recommend you to use the same method to set the size of your containers, remember that if you set the size of a container to undefined it will shrink to their contents, if you set the size to full vaadin automatically sets width and height to 100%.

Cheers,

Javi

Hello,

thanks for your reply.

Well, theme I am using is ā€œreindeermodsā€. And, I will remove runo then. :slight_smile:

I wonā€™t see anything appear in the browser if I do <setTheme(ā€œsuricateā€); >

Browser will display my everything as normal if I do < setTheme(ā€œreindeermodsā€); >

So, I think there could be a problem when I do < @import ā€œā€¦/reindeermods/styles.cssā€; > in the styles.css while I am trying to repla

What do you think then?

Once again, thanks for your valuable time in trying to help me. :wink: