Failed to find DefaultWidgetSet using maven

Hi,
Using just command line maven, what configuration do I need to get the VAADIN directory into my WAR? The documentation suggests that all you need to do is include the
vaadin-client-compiled
dependency in the pom, but this doesn’t work.

I’m trying to migrate a simple demo project I recently made in 6.8.something with which I don’t want to use a custom widget set. When deployed the application now fails to find
VAADIN/…DefaultWidgetSet.nocache.js

I’ve done some testing using new projects generated via the archetypes. I’d hoped to use
vaadin-archetype-clean
, but maven tells me that doesn’t exist (changing
to
LATEST
gives me a 6.8.2 project). Proceeding with
vaadin-archetype-application
and removing the
AppWidgetSet.gwt.xml
file (as some document told me I could, but which I can’t find now), I find that
mvn package
creates the
VAADIN/widgetsets
directory in
src/main/webapp
, but doesn’t create any files in it and no
VAADIN
directory makes it into target.

Thanks for any ideas,
Dan.

VAADIN/...DefaultWidgetSet.nocache.js

what’s in between those, where the three dots are at? Is it a standard Vaadin directoy or something else? If you removed the gwt.xml file, did you also remove the widgetset definition in web.xml?

The archetype -clean is for Vaadin 6, and it seems that -application is the only one in Vaadin 7, at least that I know about. I’m gonna ask if these archetypes could be made a little clearer.

Sorry, I just redacted that bit because I lost the actual message - but it’s the standard path to the widget set’s javascript file.

The Vaadin 7 book still claims the other archetypes exist - I’m assuming they just haven’t been remade yet.