Error Updating Ecplise Plugin

Hi All,

I’m having trouble updating my Eclipse Setup to the latest Vaadin Plugin. I’m getting the following error running the updater:

An error occurred while collecting items to be installed
session context was: (profile=epp.package.jee, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Collect, operand=, action=).
No repository found containing: osgi.bundle,org.apache.ivy,2.3.0.cr2_20121105223351
No repository found containing: osgi.bundle,org.apache.ivyde.eclipse,2.2.0.beta1-201203282058-RELEASE

I’m using:
Version: Juno Service Release 1
Build id: 20121004-1855

Can anyone help? Thank you,

-RP

Hi Ricardo, have you installed the IvyDE plugin before you install Vaadin plugin?

Installing Vaadin Plugin for Eclipse

Hi,
I got similar problem when updating from 6.8.4 to vaadin7 (with indigo/W7-64).
After some investigation I noticed that there is a depencency problem in ivy. I’m not able to update ivy to 2.3.0.cr2 and get the following message.

An error occurred while collecting items to be installed
session context was:(profile=SDKProfile, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Collect, operand=, action=).
No repository found containing: osgi.bundle,org.apache.ivy,2.3.0.cr2_20121105223351
No repository found containing: osgi.bundle,org.apache.ivy.eclipse.ant,2.3.0.cr2_20121105223351
No repository found containing: org.eclipse.update.feature,org.apache.ivy.eclipse.ant.feature,2.3.0.cr2_20121105223351
No repository found containing: org.eclipse.update.feature,org.apache.ivy.feature,2.3.0.cr2_20121105223351

The reason seems to be that since Jan 20, 2013 there are only 2.3.0 repositories (see announcment at http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/2.3.0/release-notes.html , I cannot find the “2.3.0.cr2” repositories. Same happens to the update process.

regards eugen.

Not sure if this is the same issue, but the problem I was having was very similar. I am on Indigo and had the Vaadin plugin and IvyDE already installed. When trying to do updates to either through ‘Update Software’ I kept getting “No repository found containing: osgi.bundle…” error messages.

The workaround, I found, is to remove the failing updatesites (Ivy and Vaadin in my case) from the list of sites in the Update Manager. Then add it again (I restarted Eclipse first). I was then able to install Ivy and IvyDE successfully; then I installed the Vaadin plugin successfully.

Here is the site that hinted to this workaround >> http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ivyde/faq.html#norepo

thank you Daryl.
The workaround was good for me, too.

Haijian Wang & Daryl Davis

Both tips worked and really helped a lot.

Thank you so much,

Ricardo