log file police : widgetset compilation.

Can someone explain where the error is in the following excerpt from a jetty startup using the maven plugin ?

[ERROR]
 11-Nov-2010 7:51:44 AM com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.widgetsetutils.ClassPathExplorer getAvailableWidgetSets
[ERROR]
 INFO: Widgetsets found from classpath:
[ERROR]
 	org.vaadin.jouni.animator.AnimatorWidgetset in jar:file:C:/Documents and Settings/jflamy/.m2/repository/org/vaadin/addons/animator/1.1/animator-1.1.jar!/
[ERROR]
 	com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.DefaultWidgetSet in jar:file:C:/Documents and Settings/jflamy/.m2/repository/com/vaadin/vaadin/6.5-SNAPSHOT/vaadin-6.5-SNAPSHOT.jar!/
[ERROR]
 	org.vaadin.artur.icepush.IcepushaddonWidgetset in jar:file:C:/Documents and Settings/jflamy/.m2/repository/org/vaadin/addons/icepush/0.1.2/icepush-0.1.2.jar!/
[ERROR]
 	org.vaadin.soundplayer.widgetset.SoundplayerWidgetset in jar:file:C:/Documents and Settings/jflamy/.m2/repository/org/vaadin/addons/soundplayer/1.1.1/soundplayer-1.1.1.jar!/
[ERROR]
 	org.vaadin.notifique.widgetset.NotifiqueWidgetset in jar:file:C:/Documents and Settings/jflamy/.m2/repository/org/vaadin/addons/notifique/1.0.5/notifique-1.0.5.jar!/
[ERROR]
 	org.concordiainternational.competition.ui.CompetitionApplicationWidgetSet in file://E/dev/owlcms/owlcms/src/main/java
[ERROR]
 	com.vaadin.incubator.dashlayout.DashLayoutWidgetSet in jar:file:C:/Documents and Settings/jflamy/.m2/repository/org/vaadin/addons/dashlayout/0.1.5-beta/dashlayout-0.1.5-beta.jar!/
[ERROR]
 	org.vaadin.overlay.OverlaysWidgetset in jar:file:C:/Documents and Settings/jflamy/.m2/repository/org/vaadin/addons/overlays/0.9.8/overlays-0.9.8.jar!/
[ERROR]
 	org.vaadin.weelayout.WeelayoutWidgetset in jar:file:C:/Documents and Settings/jflamy/.m2/repository/org/vaadin/addons/weelayout/0.1/weelayout-0.1.jar!/
[ERROR]

[ERROR]
 11-Nov-2010 7:51:44 AM com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.widgetsetutils.ClassPathExplorer getAvailableWidgetSets
[ERROR]
 INFO: Search took 0ms

If there is no error, can someone change the logging level to INFO ?

Unrelated question, anyone know how to get maven to log using logback or slf4j such that I can filter out all the cruft I don’t want ?

I believe this is because the ClassPathExplorer and WidgetsetCompiler in Vaadin were printing certain messages to System.err, and Maven interpreted that as “ERROR” messages. With the server side logging changes in the Vaadin 6.5 branch, this might already be “fixed”, but I have not checked that.

I have not tried this, but you could try to look for info on Plexus / Maven LoggerManager implementations. The plexus part could be something like
this
, but how to set this up for Maven? Does anyone have an example?

MNG-2570
might be relevant.